Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it -- Mark Twain
- (Added by: nawma)

Working with Chenille
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Quilters with Questions or Tips -> Fabric, Notions and Sewing Hardware/SoftwareMessage format

jerseyjeepgurl
Posted 2011-05-30 7:58 PM (#60408)
Subject: Working with Chenille

New user

Hello sweet quilters!
I am if you can imagine the GREENEST of the GREEN when it comes to quilting - BUT - as a lady that is often sitting around idol from Fibromyalgia and Lupus SLE, I have been collecting vintage Chenille, to make 3 large lap quilts. One for each of my girls as keepsake quilts, and one for myself as a snuggly companion during bad days - which come often during the winter months. So,,,,my question to my newfound friends here in the world of quilting experts is: have any of you ladies (and gents I can't leave out a group that very well might be here),,,, worked with vintage chenille that has a LOT of deep swirls and "pops" near the edges? How do you deal with the inconsistent lines and forms ON the material itself? I am making a Raggy edge quilt with them if that help to know.

Thank you in advance for ANY help offered!
Caron
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gerda
Posted 2011-05-30 9:25 PM (#60409 - in reply to #60408)
Subject: Re: Working with Chenille

Expert

Hi, Caron! I've never worked with chenille before, so I can't offer any personal experience with it (I do "love" the look of it, though!)
Here's some info I found online, which might help.

http://craftapple.wordpress.com/2006/07/28/tips-for-sewing-with-che...
http://www.google.ca/#q=working+with+chenille+sewing&hl=en&safe=off...

I hope this helps - also be aware it will shed a lot :(

Gerda
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software