Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust, novelist (1871-1922)
- (Added by: bearietab)

Beginner's knitting
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Other Hobbies We Love -> Hooks and NeedlesMessage format

Wendy MI
Posted 2009-02-15 8:25 PM (#21349 - in reply to #21290)
Subject: Re: Beginner's knitting

Extreme Veteran

OH Rhonda, that sounds very familiar!!!!! could you please?!!! Wendy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Quilt Mama
Posted 2009-02-15 10:41 PM (#21375 - in reply to #18195)

Elite Veteran

Hats, hats and more hats instructions are at:

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/hats.php

Wendy the last description sounds like what I knew as a stocking hat. I gave up knitting officially 3 years ago with all my instructions and needles being passed on. Just recently I purchased a new set of needles and am knitting simple toques for charity a couple of rows a day, all my hands will handle.
sew'nsew
Posted 2009-02-15 11:24 PM (#21376 - in reply to #18195)

Elite Veteran

Wendy, I'll drag out my yarn and needles and work it up for you. I made several of these scarves a few years back. There is a funny story about the first one I made. I was in my 20's and knit one for my baby sister for Christmas. She was working at Jack-in the-Box. Her scarf was stolen from the employee locker room and she was very upset. A few weeks later when she was working the drivethru, an employee came through wearing HER SCARF. She yelled at him "That's my scarf!". He said no it was his. She said, "IT"S MINE! My sister knit it for me!" He said, "No, my aunt made it for me." She said, "NO SHE DIDN'T! It's a special pattern and only my sister knows the secret!" Needless to say, she got her scarf back. Well, it wasn't a secret. I got the pattern from a magazine, but he didn't know that. LOL I have a very clever sis! LOL
Wendy MI
Posted 2009-02-16 8:17 AM (#21385 - in reply to #21376)

Extreme Veteran

Too funny, Rhonda. I was telling my daughter about maybe finding the pattern again and she says,"OH mom, I still have that hat/scarf you made a long time ago!"!!! I don't think I could figure it out just by looking at it tho.
Agnes, I am on my way to check out the site you suggested. Thank you Wendy
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software