Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
- (Added by: Jami)

Current Cross Stitch Projects
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 6 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Other Hobbies We Love -> NeedleworkMessage format

bobtailcat
Posted 2009-09-01 4:47 PM (#32793 - in reply to #18174)
Subject: Re: Current Cross Stitch Projects

Elite Veteran

Jennifer - so cute!! I hope you get that Phone Call really soon and that it won't be long until you have an adorable little baby and a name to put on your stitchery.

Barb

Edited by bobtailcat 2009-09-01 4:47 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jennifer
Posted 2009-11-14 4:42 PM (#35807 - in reply to #18174)
Subject: RE: Current Cross Stitch Projects

Veteran

I finished this project about 2 weeks ago.  It is now on our kitchen wall.  I love it!  Zachy said, "It looks awesome!".

(Cats are my kind of people.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Cats are my kind of people.jpg (31KB - 189 downloads)
Tiffaney
Posted 2009-11-14 5:07 PM (#35811 - in reply to #18174)

Extreme Veteran

Jennifer - I love it! Great Job!
misisipimenace
Posted 2009-11-14 6:58 PM (#35820 - in reply to #35811)

Expert

wonderful pic, jennifer!  love the kitties! 
char77
Posted 2009-11-14 9:13 PM (#35829 - in reply to #18174)

Elite Veteran

Jennifer~ You do such beautiful work!! Those cats are too sweet!
I have my DDIL's Christmas stocking almost done - it's taking me forever! My granddaughter will just have to wait another year for hers She's only a year old, so I don't think she'll notice
buggalugs
Posted 2009-11-16 3:49 AM (#35856 - in reply to #35829)

Expert

Oh Jenifer that looks wonderful, you are so talented, and what a good boy Zachy is, he has taste :):)

Jacqui

Quilt Mama
Posted 2009-11-16 9:45 AM (#35862 - in reply to #18174)

Elite Veteran

Lovely addition to your kitchen.
misisipimenace
Posted 2010-01-08 9:43 AM (#38474 - in reply to #35862)

Expert

been getting a bit more x-stitch time lately - always do with the new seasons of my fave CSI tv shows    anyways, i have made quite a bit of progress on wren's stocking.  wonder if it will be done by christmas 2010?   of course i have to start thinking about carter's easter egg stocking soon tho . . . but i digress . . . back to the pic.  hope y'all can see it well enough!  it's a victorian girl's room - i just love all the details!  dollhouse, nativity scene, tea party, rag dolls and quilt on the bed, doll buggy.  can you see the 2 picture frames that will go in the middle blank part there?  they are done in petit-point, meaning stitched over ONE thread!  that means 28-count y'all!!  btw - i am stitching on monaco cloth, just like i did with emily's and lynne's stockings - LOVE working with monaco cloth!!  the chart is in the cross-stitch & country crafts magazine issue of july/august 1992

(Wren's Heirloom CCS Stocking.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Wren's Heirloom CCS Stocking.jpg (112KB - 187 downloads)
Gerda
Posted 2010-01-08 3:50 PM (#38490 - in reply to #18174)

Expert

Beautiful, Cindy! I wonder if I have that magazine - I bought theirs for a couple of years (more?) around that time, as well as Leisure Arts, but my favourite was and still is Cross Country Stitching - these guys cs+cc come a very close second. Love it!

Gerda
misisipimenace
Posted 2010-01-08 4:40 PM (#38499 - in reply to #38490)

Expert

gerda, my collection of quilting magazines has only recently come anywhere close in # to that of my collection of x-stitch magazines CS&CC was always my fave tho now i rather favor The Cross-Stitcher and Cross-Stitch and Needlework.

did i ever post a project i did from one of my cross country stitching magazines?  a wall-hanging piece?  let me go snap a pic of it . . .

Gerda
Posted 2010-01-08 5:39 PM (#38502 - in reply to #18174)

Expert

No, I haven't seen any pics and I don't have either of those two magazines - the first I have seen in the store, the second - maybe. I have made a couple of projects out of the cs&cc - wedding stitcheries for a sister and brother, or was it both brothers? Can't remember now, and I don't think I thought to take pics. No, actually, one was a lavender and lace pattern (I think) of a gazebo with tons of flowers and a bride, and the other was from Leisure Arts (when they had the cross stitch/knitting magazine out) - a wreath of pink and blue flowers with names in the centre.

Two projects under way (from long ago) - one is from Cross Quick Feb/Mar '89, of an Amish doll with quilt blocks and the saying "may your sorrows be patched and your joys be quilted" - I really should finish that one - there's only some white fill in stitches and some backstitch outlining left to do. The other is an alphabet sampler, partly done, from Leisure Arts the Magazine - Cross Stitch Vol 2 Number 10 Aug. 1990, that has the Bible verse "For I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. Phil. 4:11- that one is about 1/4 done - it's in country colours. I should get back to work on that one, too - I have taken them to the Monday stitching group a couple of times to work on.

Gerda
Quilt Mama
Posted 2010-01-08 9:24 PM (#38509 - in reply to #18174)

Elite Veteran

Nice to see discussion on some magazines. It's not that I need more projects but they are nice to look at. I have taken to ordering books from the library just to keep the juices flowing.

Wren's stocking will be a real keepsake.
debbieann
Posted 2010-01-08 10:00 PM (#38511 - in reply to #18174)

Expert

You gals are bringing back memories. I love to cross stitch too, but quilting seems to have taken the time. I still have several UFo in this dept. as well.lol I've got all 3 tubs(big rubbermaid) still packed. hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Maybe on a blizzard day I'll delve into them.lol

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
Dippy
Posted 2010-01-09 12:26 PM (#38534 - in reply to #38511)

Elite Veteran

Hello Everyone, Hadn't spotted this neat little forum before, I'm still finding my way around this jolly town! I love to cross stitch and also have many UFO's and lots of kits. Personally I blame needlework shows, I always go with a small list of things I have convinced myself that I really do need (which of course is just an excuse to go in the first place, mainly for my hubby's benefit) and come away with a host of kits of either cross stitch or a method of stitching I haven't tried yet, and I still haven't tried!

Cindy, that is a beautiful piece of stitching, you should be proud, I haven't seen that magazine over here, we do get a few American sewing mags. but not as many as I would like. I can get back issues of American and Australian stitching mags. from a shop down south which I do every now and again. My very favourite cross stitch mag is Cross Stitcher, through it I have found some very good friends in America. I also have had a subscription to Piecework for nearly ten years now, I love it for the tradiitonal sewing techniques it covers and the history in it.

Gerda - I also have a pattern for an Amish doll but it is not out of it's packet yet. I have lots of Amish style patterns and have done a number of cross stitch pictures that are full of quilts, I did them a few years back but have still to frame them. Our house has lots of windows and trying to find a wall that doesn't face one where the stitchwork won't fade is getting difficult. My sewing room is at the top of the stairs and has a stairwell without a window and that is where I hand stitched pics, problem is the wall is getting cramped.

Does anybody like blackwork? I've started a whitework design of a Spanish fan on dark blue, anybody tried anything like this? I think it will look good when finished but it does take lots of attention.

Bye Bye, Sue
misisipimenace
Posted 2010-01-09 12:57 PM (#38538 - in reply to #38534)

Expert

the whitework and blackwork sounds interesting, sue!  counted cross-stitch using just the one color, right?  never done it, but seen projects in the mags . . . must confess i do like lots of color!    and i hear ya on the part about "for the benefit of hubby"  LOL

the magazine with the stocking pattern is out of publication i think or changed its name perhaps . . . i let my subscription go for several years and lost track . . . anyways when i started subscribing again, i got into The Cross Stitcher (like you) and Cross-Stitch and Needlework f/k/a Stitcher's World f/k/a The Stitchery (i think ).  during the economic downtimes recently, i've let my subscriptions expire but if i ever pick them back up, it will be to these two magazines.  i've also done similar stockings for emily and billye lynne - these are very detailed too - love the complex charts!!  and btw - i don't fool with the grids, i just work on a small section, complete it and then move on to the next one much like quilting - one step at a time

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 6 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software