Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self. " - Charles Dickens
- (Added by: logcabin1961)

Poll Attention Benni Harper Book Club Members
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Quilt and Needle Projects -> Benni Harper Mystery Book ClubMessage format

Attention Benni Harper Book Club Members
OptionAdded byResults
Meet 1st Tuesday of each MonthJess5 Votes - [41.67%]
Meet 1st Thursday of each MonthJess0 Votes - [0%]
-Jess0 Votes - [0%]
1 Book/Project each MonthJess7 Votes - [58.33%]
1 Book/Project every TWO MonthsJess0 Votes - [0%]
Add your own option:
This is a multiple choice poll.

Jess
Posted 2008-09-10 12:19 PM (#13691)
Subject: Attention Benni Harper Book Club Members

Expert

Okie dokie folks! I know that the book club has been going a little slow for some of you, so I think we should reduce the time for each book/project to 1 month, rather than 2. Afterall, we do have 12 books but only 6 books' worth of projects in our Quilt Album. You can do as many or as few projects as you want, but I do ask that everyone try to participate in the book club by reading and quilting. Afterall, that is what is special about our club!! Of course, if you are unable to get a project done for each book, that is understandable. I know several members are doing the Twelve Blocks of Mystery sampler, which has one block per book.

Also, we want to have meetings to discuss each book and to do show & tell/questions & answer for our projects, and I suggest the first Tuesday or Thursday of every month, at 6 PM CST. The meeting would last 1 - 1.5 hours. Since we have not gotten together to discuss Fool's Puzzle (book 1) I suggest that our meeting at the beginning of October cover both Fool's Puzzle and Irish Chain (book 2). If you are having a hard time remembering the books, you might check out the threads discussing them. I am off to start threads for Irish Chain now.

If anyone wants to write a short outline about Fool's Puzzle, to refresh our memories, that would be fabulous and very helpful. Please..... Pretty Please, with icing on top and chocolate covered cherries....

Go ahead and vote on the project "pace" as well as a meeting time for the club.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jess
Posted 2008-09-10 2:26 PM (#13699 - in reply to #13691)
Subject: RE: Attention Benni Harper Book Club Members

Expert

Bump
scrapatches
Posted 2008-09-11 8:22 AM (#13721 - in reply to #13691)

Expert

Thanks, Jess !

Jess
Posted 2008-10-01 8:59 PM (#14323 - in reply to #13721)

Expert

Hey hey folks!! Let's get together next Tuesday in the Chat Room (The Snug) and discuss books 1 and 2. Any show and tell items should be posted in the projects threads before then. I am so ready to start reading book 3!!! It was all I could do to wait until October.

So, can you all make it? Tuesday, October 7 at 6 PM CST. Bring notes on your favorite points in the books and any questions you might have while doing the patterns.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software