Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. -- Fr. Jerome Cummings
- (Added by: Jami)

wow has my company been hit hard
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Well Wishes and Sympathy -> Sympathy and Prayer RequestsMessage format

JennB
Posted 2008-08-13 9:33 PM (#12558)
Subject: wow has my company been hit hard

Expert

most specifically in my department. We have 12 people in my department (accounting) First was Lana with her little girl and her brain surgery, to which she is doing amazingly well. I have so many others I figured I'd just put them all into one big post:

Charlotte-her husband was in a bad car accident a few years ago and contracted Hepatitis from a blood transfusion. His liver has now gone into failure and he has been in the hospital for a couple of weeks now, fighting infections, a blood clot in his lungs, and keeps going on/off the transplant list. If he is too sick to survive a transplant, they take him off, but he has to be "sick" enough to be kept on the list.  They honestly don't expect him to live much longer :(

Ann-Elaine- in one of the cruelest things I've ever seen by a police officer...called her on her CELL phone at work to tell her that her husband had been killed. She is only in her mid-30s and has 2 small children. This was also a couple of weeks ago, and she literally had a breakdown in the middle of the office. I can't imagine losing Zach, and I especially can't imagine finding out that way.  I don't know if it was a car accident or what but it was most definitely sudden and very unexpected.  She just came back to work part time last week and she is doing ok, but still very much in a state of grief.

Stormie-she was visiting with her family in Tulsa last weekend for her birthday, when her 5 yr old son went to chase a basketball from the driveway, and was run over by a truck speeding through the neighborhood.  He survived, but has some very extensive physical injuries. He will be in the hospital for at least another 4 weeks, as they have had to do major reconstructive surgery on one leg, and completely rebuild his ankle and foot on that leg, as the bones were simply shattered.  He has abdominal injuries, as the truck literally drove over him, and he had most of his teeth pushed back as well, so he's even having a tough time eating.  The driver of the truck had no insurance either, so they are going to be looking at some major medical bills.  He spent 6 days in ICU in Tulsa, then they careflighted him to Children's in Dallas for the rest of his reconstructive surgery.  He was supposed to be starting kindergarten next week.

Linda, was in a car accident and as a result will be having back surgery next week, and will be out for 6 weeks minimum.

Sandy-going in for knee replacement surgery also next week and could be out for up to 3 months.

Needless to say, my bosses are praying I don't get put on maternity leave anytime soon....we're wiped out!   Seems our whole department could really use some prayers!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dorian
Posted 2008-08-14 9:22 AM (#12569 - in reply to #12558)
Subject: RE: wow has my company been hit hard

Expert

Oh wow Jenn, how terrible. Prayers sent out to these women and their families.
MsMeow
Posted 2008-08-14 10:13 AM (#12572 - in reply to #12558)
Subject: Re: wow has my company been hit hard

Expert

Wow, Jenn -I don't know what to say. I'll keep all of you in my prayers. Even those of you who haven't had a tragedy are affected by all these events.

I hope the idiot truck driver who was speeding through the neighborhood is being charged with something!
Kailee'sMamie'
Posted 2008-08-14 6:34 PM (#12577 - in reply to #12558)

Extreme Veteran

Wow,

Jenn blessing and prayers are coming your way. Please Lord keep everyone safe and in the palm of your hand.

Nanci
Jess
Posted 2008-08-17 2:55 PM (#12618 - in reply to #12577)

Expert

Jenn- Hugs and prayers going out to all involved.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software