Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit
- (Added by: sara)

Prayers for the Chapman family
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Well Wishes and Sympathy -> Sympathy and Prayer RequestsMessage format

JennB
Posted 2008-05-26 9:57 AM (#9599)
Subject: Prayers for the Chapman family

Expert

Many of you are probably familiar with Stephen Curtis Chapman and his music. The Chapman family also has done extensive work for the adoptive community, adopting 3 little girls from China, and forming a foundation that has provided grants to help fund adoptions for thousands of families. Earlier this week they had a tragedy strike that I cannot even begin to comprehend. Below is their story. Please keep this family, particularly their young son in your prayers as they deal with this. Maria is the one in Stephen's arms in the photo below.

The Chapman Family

MARIA SUE CHAPMAN, DAUGHTER OF STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN, DIES IN ACCIDENT AT FAMILY HOME

NASHVILLE, TN...5/21/08... At approximately 5pm on the afternoon of Wednesday May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters.

More than five years ago, Chapman and his wife MaryBeth founded The Shaohannah’s Hope Ministry after bringing their first adopted daughter, Shaohannah, home from China. The ministry’s goal is to help families reduce the financial barrier of adoption, and has provided grants to over 1700 families wishing to adopt orphans from around the world. Chapman is a five-time GRAMMY ® winner and 54-time Dove Award winning artist who has sold over 10 million albums and garnered 44 No. 1 singles.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
nawma
Posted 2008-05-26 11:38 AM (#9616 - in reply to #9599)
Subject: RE: Prayers for the Chapman family

Expert

Oh My what a horrible tragedy!! I will keep this family in my prayers.

Connie

JennB
Posted 2008-05-26 12:46 PM (#9625 - in reply to #9599)
Subject: Re: Prayers for the Chapman family

Expert

yes, especially tough is that she was struck by her older brother who was backing out of the driveway in the family's SUV. Tough enough to deal with, but their poor son will be living with that the rest of his life. How horrible for a teenager to have to deal with. Apparently he was going to do something for a graduation party they were holding at the family home that evening, as well as a party to celebrate the engagement of their oldest daughter, so it was to be a very happy day, that will instead be marred by the loss of this beautiful little girl. She had just celebrated her 5th birthday 10 days prior :(

There's some really neat videos of her with Stephen on his website and the Shoahannah's Hope site. She certainly was a happy little girl who was crazy about her daddy.
Jess
Posted 2008-05-26 1:39 PM (#9640 - in reply to #9625)

Expert

Oh my. Prayers going up.
sew'nsew
Posted 2008-05-26 6:27 PM (#9656 - in reply to #9599)

Elite Veteran

Thanks Jenn for posting this thread. I cried for days after hearing the news. The song 'Cinderella', which I adore, was written for these little girls and I can't listen to it without tears. Everyone I know is praying for Stephen's family and especially for their young son.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software