Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: ‎'Fabric is everything. Often I tell my pattern makers, "Just listen to the material. What is it going to say? Just wait. Probably the material will tell you something."' - Yohji Yamamoto designer
- (Added by: laura)

Fool's Puzzle - Ch.'s 1-5
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Quilt and Needle Projects -> Benni Harper Mystery Book ClubMessage format

scrapatches
Posted 2008-06-07 10:24 AM (#10067 - in reply to #9532)
Subject: RE: Fool's Puzzle - Ch.'s 1-5

Expert

Anybody want to venture a guess as to WHO DUN IT?????????

At this point in ther book I had no clue

All I know is that Benni saw them going that a way ...

and she is on their tail ...

of course the new chief of police is showing a very personal interest in taking her statement

and her Aunt Garnet is going to be on her case if she does not find Rita ...

and Dove is sure to straighten them all out ...

Hmmm ... the plot is thickening ....

just have to read to more to find out ...

It has been long enough since I read these early books that I can really enjoy them again ... I am finding that I missed a lot when I first read them ... it is nice to take my time and enjoy the little details ...

Like the scene where Benni is walking down the main street on her way to the bookstore talk and she talks about seeing all the holiday decorations and such and you realize how this is her first Thanksgiving and Christmas without Jack ...

I missed the first time I read this just how many signs of depression that Benni is evidenceing here ... I think I initially saw her "smart aleck mouth" and not her kindness and sensitivity ... although I could see her backbone from the opening pages ...

Pat

Edited by scrapatches 2008-06-07 10:33 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nawma
Posted 2008-06-07 11:08 AM (#10076 - in reply to #10067)

Expert

I don't have a clue yet who might be responsible as I've only read two chapters. But I am willing to bet that it is not Rita since she would be the obvious choice at this point.

I love the banter that has already begun between Benni and the new Police Chief. It reminds me of meeting a very special smart aleck boy from around the corner when I was just a girl.

Pat, I think with everyone reading and commenting on the book I will definitely pick up more of the details. Its going to be so much fun to find out together who dun it!!!

Connie

becca01
Posted 2008-06-11 11:44 AM (#10322 - in reply to #9532)
Subject: Re: Fool's Puzzle - Ch.'s 1-5

Veteran

I love this book, I started reading last night and i finished it last night. I could not put it down. lol. I am ordering the rest of them today.

becca
scrapatches
Posted 2008-06-11 12:43 PM (#10331 - in reply to #9532)

Expert

They are rather addictive reading, aren't they, Becca ...

Pat
nawma
Posted 2008-06-24 10:52 AM (#11094 - in reply to #10331)

Expert

I've finally finished the first five chapters and I must say that I am terribly intrigued by the new Chief and his budding relationship with Benni. While it is a bit stereotypical that they start out their relationship with conflict, it is interesting how different their personalities are. They are exact opposites and I have this picture in my mind of Benni's place with clothes strown around on the floor and dishes in the sink and I can picture the Chief's place with everything neat as a pin right down to his sock drawer!!

Hope I get to read a bit more later this week as I'm anxious to see how this relationship moves forward. At this point that relationship is almost more intriguing than the who done it!!

Connie

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software