Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit
- (Added by: sara)

Prayers for my son in Afghanistan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Well Wishes and Sympathy -> Sympathy and Prayer RequestsMessage format

Quilt Queen
Posted 2008-05-16 9:29 PM (#9336)
Subject: Prayers for my son in Afghanistan

New user

My son's truck was hit by a bomb this past Monday and all on board were injured, no one seriously, thank God, but they all were medivaced to the hospital. He had to have shrapnel taken out of his right arm. This is his second time in the hospital. Please keep him and his soldiers in your prayers. Unfortunately, the Afghan soldiers that they had trained were killed by the Taliban on Thursday! He said they were good people and really felt bad for them and their families. This war isn't just about our people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JennB
Posted 2008-05-16 10:00 PM (#9338 - in reply to #9336)
Subject: Re: Prayers for my son in Afghanistan

Expert

Absolutely. My brother in law is in Afghanistan as well right now, somewhere near Bagram. He's been there since Christmas, and wont be home until next March.

What branch is your son serving with? My husband was there about 5 years ago, but he's itching to go back again, a very real possibility later on this year.

Keep us informed of his progress, and if you have an address where he can receive mail. :)
Jess
Posted 2008-05-17 3:25 AM (#9340 - in reply to #9338)
Subject: Re: Prayers for my son in Afghanistan

Expert

I will definately keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Thank goodness he and his fellows were not more seriously injured. I will also be considerate of the Afghan soldiers, who are working hard to make their country a better place.
Dorian
Posted 2008-05-17 8:41 AM (#9346 - in reply to #9336)
Subject: RE: Prayers for my son in Afghanistan

Expert

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his fellow soldiers. I'm so glad they weren't hurt worse.

My dh's nephew is also in Afghanistan. I don't know what unit or where or anything though. 

nawma
Posted 2008-05-17 1:01 PM (#9350 - in reply to #9346)
Subject: RE: Prayers for my son in Afghanistan

Expert

QuiltQueen your son is in my prayers. I can't imagine as a Mom how hard this has to be on you as well. Hugs for you {{{{{{QuiltQueen}}}}}}}}}} Please keep us informed how he does.

Connie

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software