Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship. -- Mary Dixon Thayer
- (Added by: nawma)

Prayers For My Hubby
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Well Wishes and Sympathy -> Sympathy and Prayer RequestsMessage format

Jennifer
Posted 2008-04-16 11:09 AM (#8112)
Subject: Prayers For My Hubby

Veteran

I have a prayer request concerning our family, but especially for my husband.  On Monday, DH was called into a meeting where he was informed that he was no longer the manager of his department.  He has been the manager for 5 years.  Every year his performance reviews are excellent, with the only concern being his tact (he is definitely blunt, but honest), and he always gets a raise.  The only reason his 2 bosses could give him was that he is too blunt with the other managers and his staff.  He is at a loss at the "real" reason this is happening. 

Yesterday, he moved out of his office and into the same room with his former employees.  I can only imagine how difficult that had to be for him.  On a positive note, he was home at 6 last night when he used to get home between 8 and 10.  He also said that he was not under the same stress and pressure that he usually feels during the day.

He has been thinking about finding a new job on and off for about 9 months so we feel that this is God's way of saying, "FIND A JOB".  He had to accept another position at the company b/c we have to pay our bills, and we still both believe that Zachy needs his mommy at home.  Jobs are abundant in the area, but we don't know how many of those jobs are computer based.  He does have a hiring agent who said that we could find a high paying job in the Dallas area instantly, but neither of us wants to move away from our families. 

Please pray that both of us can find peace with this situation.   I am still very angry.  And pray that a new job will become available soon.

Thank you!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
in2patches
Posted 2008-04-16 11:17 AM (#8114 - in reply to #8112)
Subject: RE: Prayers For My Hubby

Elite Veteran

Jennifer - the situation is in my prayers - it must be very difficult for your husband being put in the situation that he is in and maybe he IS being given a push to get that new job.  Hope it all works out without having to do any moving.
misisipimenace
Posted 2008-04-16 11:30 AM (#8115 - in reply to #8112)

Expert

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{jennifer, rick, zachy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

bless your hearts!!  prayers going up now!!  you already know that i understand what you are facing and the only advice i have is to give it to God and be ready & willing to accept what He has in store for your family.  from recent personal experiences, each time i have verbally accepted God's "unknown-to-me" will for our future and quit trying to "out-guess" what God has planned for us, things have fallen into place and i can see His hands at work in the details.  so trust Him with these details - it will be the best for y'all no matter what your future holds or where your future will be . . . and remember, we're here for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JennB
Posted 2008-04-16 11:33 AM (#8116 - in reply to #8115)
Subject: Re: Prayers For My Hubby

Expert

You are definitely in my prayers.....but on the positive side....IF you should move to Dallas...the job market is actually pretty hot here at the moment. you'll have someone to go shopping with (hint hint I NEED A QUILTING BUDDY HERE IN THE DFW AREA!) and I got a ready-made list of friends for play dates :)

I'll happily adopt you into our family so you wont feel so far away. I understand that completely. I have no family even in the state of Texas.
Brn2sew
Posted 2008-04-16 11:38 AM (#8118 - in reply to #8112)

Expert

Jennifer,  will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Wishing you all the best!!!  I also know from personal experience how difficult your situation is.  Good luck.     Sandy
char77
Posted 2008-04-16 12:18 PM (#8119 - in reply to #8112)

Elite Veteran

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know things will work out the way they are supposed to
Emma
Posted 2008-04-16 12:29 PM (#8120 - in reply to #8112)

Expert

Jennifer you and your family are in my prayers.

Jess
Posted 2008-04-16 1:28 PM (#8122 - in reply to #8120)

Expert

(((((JENNIFER, RICK, ZACHY))))))

I love you guys, and have been thinking of you constantly since Monday. I hope Bubba finds a new job that he can enjoy.

Jennifer
Posted 2008-04-16 4:10 PM (#8124 - in reply to #8112)

Veteran

Thank you ladies!  I'm feeling better today.  I think it helped to write it out and vent a little bit. 

I'll keep y'all updated when our situation changes.

Thanks again!

Gerda
Posted 2008-04-16 8:49 PM (#8130 - in reply to #8112)

Expert

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))) and prayers, Jennifer. I fully agree with Cindy -leave it in God's hands. You know He has three answers to our prayers - YES, NO, WAIT - we always want answers NOW and it's better to wait. It will all work out. I believe that!

Gerda ( who should be doing more packing and cleaning!! I'm gone!!!!!)
Nola
Posted 2008-04-17 7:17 AM (#8135 - in reply to #8130)

Elite Veteran

Prayers going up as I write.  I, too, know from first hand experience - "leave it in God's hands" - or as some say, "Hang it on the Cross".  God only wants what's best for us, so he will work this out in a way that will be a blessing for all of you.  We have the same type thing hanging over us as we still haven't heard what is happening with hubby's work.  We know the farm is closing June 30, but we don't know if anyone has bought the place yet, or if he'll have a job. 

God bless!

Nola

misisipimenace
Posted 2008-04-17 7:54 AM (#8139 - in reply to #8135)

Expert

prayers going up for your situation, nola!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{nola & rod}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

JennB
Posted 2008-04-17 8:05 AM (#8142 - in reply to #8139)

Expert

you know...I just get giddy at the possibility of you moving this direction. I know how stressful moving and job searching is, and I also know how tough it can be to turn it over and let God work in HIS time, not ours. I'm a walking poster child for learning to let it all go and not stress myself out over something that I have no control over. :)

When I lay down at night, I close my eyes and just let it all out to Him. Some things I get answers on immediately, others I'm still waiting on. Often the answers are not what I want, but they always work out for the better anyway, so apparently I just don't always know what is best for me ;)

Please please let us know when you have some word on what is going on. If you should end up here, rest assured you've got a ready made "adopted" family here to help you get all settled in....plus I already know where all the good shops are :) When I came to the Dallas area in 1996 I had no friends, no job, just myself, about 300 dollars and a truck full of my stuff. I left my friends, my family, everything I knew to pick up and just start over at 21. I had sooooo much to learn, and boy did I ever! As painful as some experiences have been, I wouldn't trade them for anything because they made me the stronger person, and finally brought me to a place where my faith became the most important thing in my life. It has taken me 12 long years to get there, and you're leaps and bounds ahead of where I was at your age so you're going to be fine I just know it!!

(((Hugs)))
Jenn
Dorian
Posted 2008-04-17 8:38 AM (#8144 - in reply to #8112)

Expert

Jennifer, my thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby. It can be so stressful, I'm glad that writing it out has helped some. Go hit the sewing room, and put your mind on something else for awhile   As hard as it is, it will work out for the best. Continue to have Faith.
nawma
Posted 2008-04-17 10:06 AM (#8146 - in reply to #8144)

Expert

Jennifer, my thoughts and prayers have been with you, Rick, and Zachy all week. As a Mom it breaks my heart to think of how hard it had to be for Rick II to empty his office and move into that other room.

While his father and I haven't been able to think of anything else all week, I have also had lots of thoughts about how stressed he has been lately, and the horrible hours he has been working. A relief from that stress is indeed a blessing I think.

I was lucky enough to be able to stay home with my children, and believe that both my grandsons are doubly blessed to have their moms at home with them. And I know in my heart that something will come up for Rick that will insure his family can grow and prosper without having to give up that very special arrangement.

Something humorous about this situation - Last week I was watching a rerun of Everybody loves Raymond. The mom had gone to talk to a FBI agent that the older brother had interviewed with for a big job. She was telling him of all her son's accomplishments and assets. Monday evening when Rick Sr. told me he had talked with Rick and what was going on, my first instinct was "Who is his boss, and what's his phone number???!!!" I'm sure Rick II is glad I was able to control that impulse. His father's first impulses were not nearly so civilized!!

You never stop hurting when your children are in pain, but I know my son to be a man of strong character and faith. With his beautiful wife supporting him, Rick will perservere thru this trial and God will show you both the new path he has planned for the family. That is very exciting and someday soon we will all look back on this horrible week and know that this was the way things needed to be.

I'll see you and Zachy in a few hours!!!

Nawma

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software