Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Practice is the best of all instructors." - Publius Syrus (submitted by Gerda)
- (Added by: misisipimenace)

November already!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Dorian
Posted 2017-11-07 10:08 AM (#81715)
Subject: November already!!!

Expert

(184.12.243.226)

Hello Ladies,

Nice to see you popping in again Sis :) We haven't had a good chin-wag in awhile, what have you been up to? Did you get snow?

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year? It will just be our usual quiet day here... well, as quiet as can be with 6 people in the house!! lOl And then a week later, dh will be getting a hernia operation, he's needed it for a few years now and has just been putting it off. So if you can say prayers all goes well, I would appreciate it.

We are finally getting some rain, yah! I am starting to work on Christmas stuff.

Thanks for the nice comments on my latest quilt :) I hope you had a great weekend Sandy.

Thats a lot of driving Donna, I hope you had fun, even though you didn't bring anything home with you. LOL

Have a great day all.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
MsMeow
Posted 2017-11-12 11:46 AM (#81716 - in reply to #81715)
Subject: Re: November already!!!

Expert

(97.104.223.26)
Hi, everyone! I finished up the shop hop yesterday. Eight shops; I went to five last Saturday, one on Sunday, one Wednesday after work, and the last one yesterday morning. Each shop is having a drawing and there are two grand prizes for the hop - maybe I'll win something! At least I got eight fat quarters. :)

I haven't done a lot of sewing. Just can't seem to get excited about anything. I have two tops ready to quilt (a double and a king), and I assembled the center of a postage stamp top I've been working on for years as a leader & ender project. I was planning to add 4" to 6" borders, but I think I want it to be a wall hanging and the center is 44 X 58 so adding another 8 - 12" would make a really large wall hanging! I'll post a picture if I can figure out how to get it small enough to post here.

We've had a bit of "chilly" weather (mid 60s-70s) but it's mostly still pretty warm here. One of Mark's cousins here in town is hosting the family for Thanksgiving, so all I have to do is cook some zucchini and yellow squash and show up. :)
Brn2sew
Posted 2017-11-13 5:36 PM (#81717 - in reply to #81715)

Expert

(140.186.214.19)
Hello, Glad you're getting some rain finally Dorian and have started on Christmas things. What a fun time of year - especially with kids around!
Donna, 8 shops on a shop hop is a lot, but at least you could spread them all out. Good luck getting your pictures on here again. I remember struggling with the sizes to post. Looking forward to seeing your leader and ender project.
I've got a leader and ender also. Someone gifted a set of 1" squares to me. Not sure how big it will end up being - certainly not 44 X 58. That's a lot of postage stamps Donna!
We will have our son and dil here for Thanksgiving for sure. Our daughter said they plan to come for the weekend, but our 12 yr old grandson is having his brain shunt and the tubing replaced tomorrow (11/14). Not sure if he will be up for the 250 mile trip one way to our place a week after that surgery. His first shunt was placed when he was 4 months old. The tube disconnected from the shunt and the neurosurgeon said it needs to be replaced now. Please send up a few prayers for him, his medical team, and our family. Thanks.
Brn2sew
Posted 2017-11-14 8:32 PM (#81718 - in reply to #81715)

Expert

(140.186.214.19)
Thanks for any prayers you sent out for our grandson. His surgery went well. His nurse said he will probably be able to go home tomorrow after another CT scan. Peyton said his pain was a 1 or 2, but only when he moves his neck.
Dorian
Posted 2017-11-15 5:46 PM (#81719 - in reply to #81715)
Subject: RE: November already!!!

Expert

(74.42.188.78)

Hi Ladies,

So glad your grandson's surgery went well Sandy. What, exactly is it for? and how hold is he? 

It's been raining cats and dogs here today :) I am not complaining! Except for the Isaiah has had a fever all week, mostly low grade. So he hasn't been outside much and he gets sooo bored in the house! lol

Sorry your quilting mojo has fled Donna. I do hope it returns soon! I don't get in my sewing room half as much as I would like to.

Take care all.

Brn2sew
Posted 2017-11-15 11:02 PM (#81720 - in reply to #81715)

Expert

(140.186.214.19)
<p><font size="2">Hi all, Sorry Isaiah hasn't been feeling well Dorian. Hope that clears up soon. Also hope your sewing room calls you back more too. Peyton is 12 and was born with Dandy Walker Syndrome. The Dr discovered it on one of his very early check ups and sent him to a neurologist who performed the first stent in his brain and drainage tube down into his abdominal cavity when he was only 4 months old. It was supposed to keep unwinding as Peyton grew, but it came apart a couple weeks ago. Here's a link that might show what Dandy Walker is.</font></p><p><font size="2"> </font><a href="https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/408059-overview"><font size="2">https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/408059-overview</font></a><font size="2"> </font></p><p><br /><font size="2">If Peyton didn't have the shunt and drain tube to take the fluid off his brain, he'd be hydrocephalic (water on the brain) and unable to hold up his head on his own by now. He's a smart cookie and has been getting B's and C's and once in awhile an A in his classes. He gets many bad, bad migraines so misses out on some of his classes. He reads at an 8th grade level so ahead of his 6th grade class that way. Probably more than you wanted to know, but thanks for asking and praying for him. He did get to go home today and is only taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol for the pain.</font></p>

Edited by Brn2sew 2017-11-15 11:05 PM
Brn2sew
Posted 2017-11-15 11:08 PM (#81721 - in reply to #81715)

Expert

(140.186.214.19)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandy%E2%80%93Walker_syndrome

Edited by Brn2sew 2017-11-15 11:16 PM
kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2017-11-16 3:27 AM (#81722 - in reply to #81721)

Elite Veteran

(172.242.250.185)
Hiya ladies!

Sandy, happy all went well for your grandson, hope he will make it to thanksgiving.
Its great he was able to go soo long before having a shunt revision, used to be they needed them every few years. Todays technology is amazingly improved, i remember when they clogged off easily and got infected more often. Kiddos were often in and out of the unit.

Donna, wow thats a lot of quilt shop browsing! There are only five quilt shops within an hour of me. Would have to drive hours to get to eight! Hope you found some fun stuff!

Yep we got snow sis, early this year. Nov 3rd i think. Inch or so on ground. Three on top of vehicles, ground was quite wet before the rain turned to snow. The chickens did not know what to make of it!
Do you use instagram? Will keep DH upcoming surgery in prayers.

Hope you all have a nice thanksgiving next week. I have no idea what we will be doing.
Have some christmas ideas for stitched gifts, trying to finish up couple other projects.
Cant believe how fast the year has gone!

MsMeow
Posted 2017-11-18 8:41 AM (#81723 - in reply to #81715)

Expert

(97.104.223.26)
Hi, ladies! Sandy, I'm so glad your grandson's surgery went well. I hope it's a long time before he needs it again (if ever).

Trish, the shop hop was a lot of driving! The shops are very spread out. I drove over 100 miles on the Saturday. The shop I went to on Sunday is about 30 miles from my house in the opposite direction of the others! Only two are close by; one here in town about a mile from my house and one in Clermont, about 15 miles away.

Yesterday we came home to a broken water main! Mark got here right before they started digging up the road. The break was in front of our next door neighbors' house and caused their driveway to collapse. We had no water for several hours and are now under a boil-water order until further notice. They finished the very noisy and brightly-lit work around 1 am today. Then this morning I discovered the water heater smelled like electrical fire and was making a strange noise! So Mark shut off the breaker and now we have water, but only cold. We did manage to get two hot showers. I've got a call in to a plumber to come look at it. Hopefully it's okay. It's only six years old and is the type with a heat pump on top, so it was pretty expensive.

This is concert weekend for my handbell choir. We had one last night and have one today and one tomorrow. So, probably no sewing this weekend!

Edited by MsMeow 2017-11-18 8:42 AM
Dorian
Posted 2017-11-20 6:26 PM (#81724 - in reply to #81715)
Subject: RE: November already!!!

Expert

(74.42.188.78)

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the info Sandy. Poor guy, so glad he is doing well with latest surgery.

Oh no Donna! What a pita! I hope all is fixed now.

We just have rain Sis. But that is good, the water tanks are filling up :) I saw your pics of the snow/chickens on FB. No, I don't do instagram.

Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving (a few days early) Hope it's nice for you all. We aren't doing anything special. I got the turkey and will be making the pies on Wed. Made some bread today for the stuffing.

Take care all.

MsMeow
Posted 2017-11-25 9:04 AM (#81725 - in reply to #81724)

Expert

(97.104.223.26)
Hi, girls! I hope everyone had a happy and safe Thanksgiving! We spent the day at Mark's cousin's house. We were out under her carport (her house is tiny) and the forecast was 80% chance of rain. Fortunately the little rain we got was very gentle and didn't last long! A cool breeze kicked up in the late afternoon but she was prepared with tarps that the guys hung to block the wind. It was nice to have a visit with the family!

The city lifted our boil-water order on Tuesday. It's really nice to not have to remember to use boiled water for everything! We had it in gallon jugs; I had to sit the jugs in front of the faucets to remember to use them! Unfortunately the water heater is toast. The plumber came Saturday and disconnected the circulation pump, which was the part I smelled burning up. It took them three days to get us information on the replacement part! $250 for the part and at least 2 hours of installation time, plus 8 days to get the part in. Geesh! We decided to just go to Lowe's and buy a new WH. We're going back to the ordinary kind without the heat pump. Of course the holiday set everything back and it may be the end of next week before it's installed. So we're having "pioneer days" at our house - heating water on the stove to take baths! It's really a minor inconvenience when you consider all the blessings we have - food, shelter, electricity, etc.

This weekend I'm planning to make new leaders for my quilt frame.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software