Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Some of us are admitted fabricaholics - the rest of us are in denial. -- Jess Smith, The Quilt and Needle
- (Added by: Jess)

June
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Dorian
Posted 2017-06-13 6:25 PM (#81668)
Subject: June

Expert

(184.12.240.59)

Hello Friends,

Feeling blue today, I wish this place was more lively and we had things to do and share and enjoy together. I am missing the friendships I thought I had made here. Sigh~

Sandy, I am just doing  a plain background with a border of some of the  Meow or Never line. It is partially colored in and then the rest is white so you can color it in yourself. My dd enjoys using fabric paints so I thought she would have fun with the coloring.

The garden is doing really well here, we have apples, almonds and peaches on the tree  Lots of peas right now too. We've had a bit of rain and cooler weather, and now the forecast calls for 'extreme heat' over this coming weekend.. here at the house will be in the low 90s  and they call that extreme...cracks me up.

I've lost my sewing mojo somewhere. Ms Pat suggested that I join or start some sewing that is done for charity, as I always seem to be picked up by that. I think I need to forget about quilting all these quilt tops, send them to some charities and just start making patterns again. I always enjoyed that, the piecing more than the quilting. Although I don't want to not quilt at all, just give up on trying to get this huge stack quilted. I don't know, something...

How is everyone? Anyone who is around that is. lol

Top of the page Bottom of the page
MsMeow
Posted 2017-06-14 8:02 AM (#81669 - in reply to #81668)
Subject: Re: June

Expert

(216.189.215.212)
Hi, Dorian! I miss everyone here, too! I check every day for new posts, but don't post often b/c it feels like talking to myself. :(

How fun that Rachael can color/paint part of her quilt! That's a great idea.

We've finally been getting rain. There was talk of mandatory water restrictions a couple of months ago. Now it's been raining nearly every day. Great for the environment, not so good for DH's paycheck, since he does pressure cleaning.

I have a stack of tops that need quilting, too. I enjoy quilting and binding; I think it's creating the backings that holds me up. I started a small PP project a couple of weeks ago. The pattern is called Milady's Fan. It has 20 PP blocks and I've made 7 so far.

I have my last PT appt. for my shoulder tomorrow! Surgery was a little over 4 months ago. I still don't have full range of motion, but the arm is getting stronger and hopefully the ROM will continue to improve.
sew__n__so
Posted 2017-06-23 5:39 PM (#81670 - in reply to #81668)

Elite Veteran

(174.102.197.197)
Dorian and Donna,
Don't give up on us yet!! After my retreat in April I didn't do a whole lot of quilting, but the last couple weeks I got the bug and got back to sewing again. Last night I finished a flannel throw for a wedding tomorrow. I used the "Turning Twenty" pattern and had a Holly Taylor panel that I used in place of the larger block. The panel block is slightly smaller that the large block is supposed to be so my overall quilt blocks are about 1/2" smaller than what the pattern should be, but hey, I don't really care! I love the way it turned out and I think the couple getting it will too!
And last week I finished a baby row quilt that is done in the quilt-as-you-go method. It's nothing super fancy, but cute none the less. I'm going to get it in the mail tomorrow for my cousin's first grand-child.
I had made a 'Realtree' panel quilt for my nephew and his wife for their wedding shower a couple years ago. It's really a nice panel, with a cabin and deer on it. They put it on their 7year old's bed at the cottage, only to have him tell them that this is a cabin quilt, not a cottage quilt and that he should have fishing quilts on the bunk beds!! So guess what I have to do now??!!
And then my niece informed me last week that she is pregnant and due in December. She has told me the colors she would like and I can go from there. I guess it's a good thing that I'm getting the urge to quilt again!! Just in time!!!
And I'm getting 2 weeks off in July!! ....the week of the 4th and the following week......I can't wait!! I guess I should spend some quality time bonding with my sewing machine!!

Have a great weekend!
Midge W
MsMeow
Posted 2017-06-24 8:45 AM (#81671 - in reply to #81668)

Expert

(97.104.223.26)
Midge, your Turning Twenty sounds very creative! I made a version for my sister several years ago from a kit I'd picked up at a quilt show. Hers was called "Turning 50!" - guess why?! LOL

I'm taking two weeks off in August. We're going on a family cruise/land trip to Alaska. I'm guessing it won't be 95 degrees with 80% humidity there!
Dorian
Posted 2017-06-27 10:04 AM (#81672 - in reply to #81668)
Subject: RE: June

Expert

(74.42.176.55)

Hello Ladies,

So glad to hear that you've been doing some more quilting Midge. I, too, think the quilting bug is hitting me again. I actually got my pencils and paper out and started doing some designing! I'm almost finished with R's kitty quilt  I'll be sure to post a pic when done.

Sounds like a fun cruise Donna, how many times have you been to Alaska? Sorry for the heat. We had a heat wave last week, but this week it's a gorgeous 80 something for most the week.

Take care all, have a great day.

MsMeow
Posted 2017-06-27 12:03 PM (#81673 - in reply to #81668)

Expert

(75.112.171.66)
Dorian, this will be our first trip to Alaska. I feel very "meh" about the destination, but we'll see. All the pictures I've seen of AK look alike - snow covered mountains and glaciers. Yawn.

Next May is our 35th anniversary and we're already trying to decide what to do. :)
sew'nsew
Posted 2017-06-28 12:29 PM (#81674 - in reply to #81668)

Elite Veteran

(75.165.121.97)
Hey all! First day of summer for me, trying to make a plan to sew and garden and get our house ready to sell. I'm worn out thinking about it.
Ron has been sick for a couple weeks. On top of that we had out of town guests 2 weekends in a row and then our grandson's gorgeous wedding last Friday. I'm exhausted. Looking at pictures from the wedding I see how old I'm getting, why am I still working, LOL, because I love the kids!

I'm guilty of not posting often. Love reading all your posts. I'll check for several quiet days and then loose interest. Life doesn't help, with a sick husband, needy mother, building a house, etc. I try.

Just got my Tin Lizzie out of the shop. They said it needs to be used or the oil gets hard, an incentive for me to get busy. But first I have to figure out how to put it together again, such a procrastinator.

Donna, I envy your trip to Alaska. My parents went years ago and loved it. My dad was stationed there in the 40's, wanted to go back again in his last few years, but Mom thought it would be too difficult. I really wish we'd made the effort to take him.

So now I'm procrastinating again, better get to that machine before the oil hardens again. Oops!
MsMeow
Posted 2017-06-29 8:02 AM (#81675 - in reply to #81668)

Expert

(75.112.171.66)
Rhonda, I haven't quilted on my frame in ages, either! We got our new kitty Sami back in November and I don't think I've quilted since before then. She has some strange fascination with the frame. She's always climbing on it or lying on the floor bashing the batting bar (which is hanging on chains, so it moves). I'm going to try loading and quilting a wall hanging this weekend and see what happens. :)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software