Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." --Winston Churchill
- (Added by: Jess)

Hello from North Wales
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Introduce YourselfMessage format

musicmaker
Posted 2015-08-05 12:08 PM (#80843)
Subject: Hello from North Wales

New user

Hi everybody,

I just joined the site. It is very informative. I just moved to North Wales 2 1/2 months ago from England. I used to live in Alaska. I have been a quilter for 20 years, but just traditional style. I am branching out into art quilts now. So far, only with my sketchbook, but soon to start work as soon as my studio/sewing room is set up. I also appear to be a fabric hoarder having finally unpacked my quilt fabric onto my new bookshelf and it seems to have expanded since the previous space it was on. :-) This town I now live in is surrounded by the mountains and has two beaches so there is a lot of inspiration. I look forward to reading about everybody's adventures.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MsMeow
Posted 2015-08-05 12:44 PM (#80844 - in reply to #80843)
Subject: Re: Hello from North Wales

Expert

Welcome, Jenny! I don't think I know anyone from Wales! :) I'd love to get over there one of these days.

I'm Donna and I live in central Florida (Winter Garden, to be exact). I was born & raised in central FL. I have a wonderful hubby and two spoiled rotten cats.

I make traditional quilts, too, but occasionally attempt an art quilt. I can't wait to see yours!
kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2015-08-05 12:45 PM (#80845 - in reply to #80843)
Subject: Re: Hello from North Wales

Elite Veteran

Welcome musicmaker๐Ÿ˜„
Dont let the quitness around here lately deter you!
Hopefully will pick up this fall.
Everyone here is so nice and friendly and helpful.
My name is trish, i am sister to dorie, one of the boards moderators.
I live in washington state in a corner on the sound, its lovely having mts and water around ๐Ÿ˜Š
Have been sewing for very long time, started with clothing in high school, i love heirloom sewing. Started quilting 3 or so years ago.
So where in alaska were you located? We lived in fairbanks about 20 years ago. Last year dh and dd and i spent a month exploring uk. We traveled thru wales starting in the north making our way south, a bit in the mts, ending up in cardiff before heading back over to england. Stayed in a couple of lovely B&B's, met friendly folks and explored the counrty. ( my dh got really tired of medieval castles hehehe). Wales is beautiful country! But i never saw any quilting shops or even any quilts.

Would love to hear more about your life there ๐Ÿ˜Š and see pics of your quilts ๐Ÿ˜Š. There is a general thread where most post daily greetings and stuff, feel free to jump in!
Dorian
Posted 2015-08-07 8:14 AM (#80847 - in reply to #80843)
Subject: RE: Hello from North Wales

Expert

Welcome to the board Jenny! I'm Dorian, sister to Trish ;) Been quilting around 21 yrs now. I'm a homeschooling Mom of 4.

The board has been quite this year, but don't let that stop you from joining in our talks. And we love to see pictures too!

Brn2sew
Posted 2015-08-07 1:31 PM (#80848 - in reply to #80847)

Expert

Hello Jenny, welcome to the forum.  I'm a retired nurse and live in South Dakota with my hubby.  We have 2 children both with spouses and 3 grandchildren from age 24 down to 9.  I've been stitching around on fabric since my children were very small 46 years or so ago.  Quilting for me started with simple log cabin and 9 patch blocks.  I've only done 2 wall hangings that could be called "art pieces" if you use your imagination.  Lately, I've been making quilts for our great nieces and nephews (34 of them now) and only have 9 left to complete and give.  A couple years ago I joined our local quilt guild and we make Quilts of Valor for local service folks and have a presentation day in October for them and their families.  We also make baby quilts for the local hospital and teen quilts for a larger hospital burn center.  Please do share some of your pictures.  We all love eye candy!
bobtailcat
Posted 2015-08-08 10:46 AM (#80855 - in reply to #80848)

Elite Veteran

Hi, Jenny, and welcome!  I'm retired too, and my partner Ron and I live on a farm in southwest Virginia.  I have 2 married daughters - one lives in northern Virginia and the other is moving to Germany tomorrow (her husband is in the Army).  I have 3 grandchildren, and one more on the way.  I've only been quilting for a few years; mostly I do traditional piecing, but would love to try an art quilting (but I'm not much of an artist, I'm afraid! )  I looking forward to hearing more about yourself and seeing pictures of your quilts!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software