Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing. - Oscar Wilde
- (Added by: logcabin1961)

Sticky 2/28/2014 - 4th Friday Snug Society Sew-In!
Moderators: Dorian, Jess, misisipimenace, laura

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   "Snug Society" Quilters Give Back -> Main InformationMessage format

misisipimenace
Posted 2014-02-26 9:45 AM (#78431)
Subject: 2/28/2014 - 4th Friday Snug Society Sew-In!

Expert

It Snuck Up On Me!  Attention: Snug Society Quilters!

Once again, it’s time for the second 4th Friday Snug Society Sew-In!  I hope you all had such a wonderful time creating quilts to give comfort to others at our inaugural 4th Friday Sew-In that you’ll be back to join in the fun this Friday, February 28th.  Once again, we’ll gather at a “cyber-quilting-bee” here at the Forum and on Facebook to create blocks, piece tops, sandwich and quilt to create quilts to pass forward to those who need them.  If you don’t have a favorite charity or other organization, may I suggest the following:
(1)   Harmony Home, a counseling center for abused children in Texas;
(2)   Pine Ridge Native American Reservation in South Dakota; and
(3)   for veterans in our forum members’ families and/or Quilts of Valor.

The Quilt and Needle Forum has been a long-time supporter of these three organizations and if you have any questions about them or the quilts our forum members have made for them, just ask these quilters:

Dorian moderates our children’s quilt projects for Harmony Home.  Let Dorian know that you want to help create a quilt to comfort these children!  Click here to join in the current quilt project for these children.

Sharon moderates our Pine Ridge projects and is currently working to complete this quilt to send to our friends on the reservation.  Click here and let Sharon know how you want to help provide warmth during the harsh South Dakota winters!

Denise moderates our veterans’ quilt projects – both for veterans in our forum members’ families as well as for the Quilts of Valor initiative.  Let Denise know that you want to help with these projects!

Let’s get together and do what we do best – share the comfort of a quilt with those who need this comforting most!  Many hands make light work.  See y’all Friday! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Brn2sew
Posted 2014-02-27 3:48 PM (#78450 - in reply to #78431)
Subject: RE: 2/28/2014 - 4th Friday Snug Society Sew-In!

Expert

I'll be at a local quilt retreat with several gals from this area.  Besides working on some much delayed UFO's, we'll be making quilts of valor.  We'll use a pattern that one of the gals has designed.  We are to each bring 2.5" strips of red, cream, and blue fabrics to make our blocks.  Last year they made 6 quilts and presented them to local service members.  I haven't been on a quilting "retreat" since 2008 and am really looking forward to this whole weekend!  Will try to remember to take our camera (and also remember to use the durn thing
Good luck to all joining this Friday sew in.
misisipimenace
Posted 2014-02-28 7:44 PM (#78467 - in reply to #78450)

Expert

Goodness, am I late to the party? Got some fabric ready to press then cut for sashing and cornerstone for the MCH quilt - pics later!
what's everyone working on tonight? 

sandy, the retreat sounds such fun!  can't help but think that you had SOOOO much fun at Tomball 2008 that it took you this long to find suitable "substitutes" for all us!

Dorian
Posted 2014-03-01 8:56 AM (#78471 - in reply to #78431)

Expert

No sewing going on here. Sigh~

I even forgot it was Friday night, and I didn't pop in to see if anyone was chatting... sigh~

Brn2sew
Posted 2014-03-01 2:25 PM (#78475 - in reply to #78467)

Expert

misisipimenace - 2014-02-28 6:44 PM

sandy, the retreat sounds such fun!  can't help but think that you had SOOOO much fun at Tomball 2008 that it took you this long to find suitable "substitutes" for all us!

Yup, Cindy, you're right!  LOL   It's so much fun being here with like minded folks.  So far, I've gotten two tops finished - one for a great niece and one for a special someone.  Today and tomorrow, I'm working with another gal (new to the quilting world) to make QOV blocks.  Everyone brought 2.5" strips in red, white, and blue - we're mixing them up and stitching blocks.  Not sure who will make the tops yet or who will quilt them.  Guess we'll see....
Hope you all had a great sew-in yesterday!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software