Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Every one deserves respect. (me)
- (Added by: cabsmom)

February 2014 works in progress
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> What have you accomplished lately?Message format

scraphappydenise
Posted 2014-02-10 12:07 AM (#78299)
Subject: February 2014 works in progress

Expert

Well... nothing like a couple of snow days to lengthen out a weekend!    And with snow building up, what is a girl to do, but sew?  

This first quilt is one I started a couple of years ago... and I finally got my three sections together for the center and got the borders on it.  Now, it's sitting in the "to be Quilted" pile, amongst many others.

It was a panel of those pillow squares, that was on a clearance table.  they were flatfolds, and someone had used one of those puncture gun price things right through the folded  edge, rather than the selvedge.  Hence... there were some tears in what we would consider the "good part" of the print.   But, at something ridiculous like a quarter a square, I had to buy the 6 that were left.  I saved the two panels that weren't damaged, and cut the rest of them into units to finish at 6", 4" and 2".   Then added more units from some prints out of my stash that looked good.  I purchased the outer border fabrics after I decided to use the damaged panels, not at the time of original purchase, it was just a lucky find!   These little squares hung out on my design board forever!   I had the little units all stitched together into 3 larger chunks, when it got folded up and put away for some reason.  

This is my year of "finish it up". Yeah right.. we'll see....   but this just seemed like a good one to start with.  It is a large lap, twin size... and I believe it will go to a great nephew who has way outgrown  the quilt I made him when he was a baby. (he's a HS sophomore now), but he may be a senior before I get to the bottom of that "to be quilted" pile.

This next quilt is one I started last spring, after we purchased our new travel trailer.  It has a big bay window at the back, with two leather rockers and a loveseat.  I purchased fabric to make a quilt for the bed, and then picked up some other panels to use out in the living area. (My DH likes the realistic photo effect of panels, so I try to please him )

Panels, of course are never large enough to be a quilt in my opinion, so I try to be creative in ways to help them grow into quilts that will cover a full size adult.   Pinwheels floating seemed like a nice choice.  This also is about 66 x 85".  and now, it's also in the "to be quilted" pile.  Hope the deer and the wolves get along....  I have one other panel quilt sitting on my side dresser... waiting for it's border squares of friendship stars... maybe I'll get them cut out tomorrow on another snow day....

And then for your viewing enjoyment.. here is a picture of our snow...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
MsMeow
Posted 2014-02-10 9:18 AM (#78301 - in reply to #78299)
Subject: Re: February 2014 works in progress

Expert

Great quilts, Denise! Congrats on getting them from one pile to the other. :) Your snow looks beautiful! I always like photos of snow. Don't want to be in it, though. LOL

It finally stopped raining here. Beautiful sunshine and warm temps again for a few days.
misisipimenace
Posted 2014-02-10 11:34 AM (#78304 - in reply to #78301)

Expert

lovely quilts, denise!  kudos on additions to the "to quilt" pile

love the snow - they're hollering for bad weather for us today, we shall see......

debbieann
Posted 2014-02-10 10:46 PM (#78309 - in reply to #78299)

Expert

Denise fabulous quilts and the snow pic is awesome....wow

hugs and stitches

Debbieann
Dorian
Posted 2014-02-11 5:17 PM (#78317 - in reply to #78299)
Subject: RE: February 2014 works in progress

Expert

Lovely quilts Denise. Lovely snow too!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software