Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Do, or do not - there is no "try" - Yoda
- (Added by: Gerda)

Extra quilts need quilting
Moderators: Dorian, Jess, misisipimenace, laura

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   "Snug Society" Quilters Give Back -> Main InformationMessage format

Jess
Posted 2013-11-13 11:40 AM (#77186)
Subject: Extra quilts need quilting

Expert

Hi ladies, I have a ton of quilt tops here that have been donated to me by various sources. They all have batting and backing, they just need quilting and binding. I don't have time to do them now, but I'd be happy to start shipping them to folks who could finish them up and send them to any of the three charities before Christmas! If you want me to send some out, just let me know where to send them and if they have a max size they can accommodate. I literally have 27 I think... Folks just keep giving me tops that they don't want...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dorian
Posted 2013-11-14 8:59 AM (#77194 - in reply to #77186)
Subject: RE: Extra quilts need quilting

Expert

Hey Jess, if you have some smaller ones, I think I could probably work on a couple after the holidays. Probably starting in Jan.
Jess
Posted 2013-11-14 2:57 PM (#77195 - in reply to #77186)
Subject: Re: Extra quilts need quilting

Expert

They're all pretty big I think. Nothing lap sized left.
Dorian
Posted 2013-11-14 6:06 PM (#77196 - in reply to #77186)

Expert

Ok, I don't think I can take on any big ones right now, sorry.
Brn2sew
Posted 2013-11-14 8:29 PM (#77199 - in reply to #77186)

Expert

I'll do one for now.  Not sure I could get more than that finished before Christmas.  Do you need shipping $$$?  Would  you send something appropriate for Pine Ridge?
scraphappydenise
Posted 2013-11-14 9:20 PM (#77201 - in reply to #77186)

Expert

Sorry Jess... I am unable to take anything big right now.... I have a pile of my own sitting here not getting done.... Wish I had a longarm to help out. (and another 12 hours in every day).
Jess
Posted 2013-11-15 6:32 PM (#77210 - in reply to #77201)

Expert

No worries ladies! I just thought I would put this out there in case anyone had some time to help.

Sandy, I will send you one for Pine Ridge. I'll take care of the shipping. :)
bonnikay
Posted 2013-11-27 7:24 AM (#77334 - in reply to #77210)

Hello Jess.
I just joined this community of quilters this morning. I have been looking for a way to "give back" and have a quilting machine. I would like to quilt and finish a few of your tops for charity for you. Do you supply the batting and backing and binding materials and shipping costs? If you can contact me we can discuss it more. I am located in Ohio.
Also, am I able to change my password to something I can remember easily or do I have to keep the assigned one? Thanks a bunch! bonnikay
Jess
Posted 2013-11-27 10:18 AM (#77340 - in reply to #77186)

Expert

Bonnikay,

I'd love to have an additional quilter on these! I'd send you the top, batting, and backing. You'll have to take care of the binding after quilting. If that's not possible, I can probably try to find something in my stash. Then you'd ship it to the charity. Unfortunately, I can't personally fund all of the shipping costs. These quilt tops were donated to me to be used for charity, and so far we have come up with batting and backing for 27 of them. :-)

You can change your password by clicking on Control Panel on the top right of the screen. Let me know if you have trouble.
bonnikay
Posted 2013-11-28 6:13 AM (#77352 - in reply to #77186)

Ok Jess. I can do some quilting for you and binding. I have plenty of fabrics to use for bindings. So, you pay to ship them to me and I pay to ship them back? Is that correct? Where do these quilts go then? Back to you or to an organization somewhere? Do I have a choice of where they go?? I can do quilts up to 100 inches dimensions. ( no bigger please) Should I just do a meander pattern or whatever I want to on them? Yes, I would like to work on a couple of them for you to start. I do work for my own customers here in the area, but I have a pretty quick turnaround time. If you need something done in time for Christmas I should get it pretty quickly to get to work on it. Maybe send three of them if you want to. Let me know if theres anything else I need to know. Thanks Jess and Happy Thanksgiving to you. Bonnikay
scraphappydenise
Posted 2013-11-28 11:43 AM (#77359 - in reply to #77186)

Expert

Bonnie...  welcome to the Q&N!  Looks like you have jumped right in....  THANK YOU! 

stop by the introduction thread and let us know a bit about you..... you will find many great friends here  we love to talk about quilting, everyday happenings, and life events.  We also love to look at pictures.

I'd be happy to send you a little money to help with shipping the finished quilts to their new homes when you are done.... I have found that an average quilt is about $15 to ship... when sent individually first class.  a larger box shipped UPS or fedx may be cheaper.   when you are ready to ship, send me PM with your address and I'll send you a check for $25.oo   the least I can do since I am unable to do any quilting on these right now...

I'm sure Jess will let you know where the best  final home is for the quilts she has.... but we have traditionally donated to three different charities.. You can go to each of their threads under the "Quilters Give Back" section.

When we do group quilts, everyone usually encloses a dollar or two with their blocks to help the piecer and sender with shipping costs.  That system usually works pretty well and helps take the shipping burden off of the quilter in the end.  We couldn't do what we do without folks who can do the quilting. 

Harmony home is a center for Children in Texas... they  take our bright, children's quilts... every child that enters their center gets to pick a quilt from the closet....

Pine Ridge REservation is an Indian reservation that takes up lots of real estate in South Dakota and Nebraska.... the poverty level there is unreal.... any warm quilt is appreciated there.... adults, teens, or kids...

Quilts of Valor - we used to send to Operation Home Front... but we are currently giving QOV to military members and veterans that members of our group know and nominate. 

Simple, sturdy quilting is all that is needed... but I use charity quilts as an opportunity to try new techniques when quilting.... new pantographs, etc.   just let the quilts tell you what they need.    Use up those ends of spools.... 

sew__n__so
Posted 2013-11-28 4:38 PM (#77368 - in reply to #77186)

Elite Veteran

Bonnie--
I can send some $$$ for shipping too!! PM me your address when you are ready to ship them!

Midge W
bonnikay
Posted 2013-11-29 7:32 AM (#77381 - in reply to #77368)

scraphappy denise and sew n so Thank you for your helpful information and the offer to help out with shipping costs! it is much appreciated! I will certainly be in contact with you when I receive and finish some quilts! It is a cold morning here in Ohio...zero degrees on my thermometer! I great day for quilting! Bonnie
quiltingmama20
Posted 2013-11-29 10:51 PM (#77391 - in reply to #77186)

Extreme Veteran

Jess-If you want to send me a couple suitable for Pine Ridge, my friend with the long arm will do them after the first of the year and I'll send them on to Pine Ridge.
SharonZ
bonnikay
Posted 2013-12-01 7:20 AM (#77408 - in reply to #77186)

So how do I get some of these quilts to work on? Bonnikay
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software