Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: One pound of learning requires ten pounds of common sense to apply it.(unknown author)
- (Added by: logcabin1961)

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!!!'
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2013-03-15 2:48 PM (#74789)
Subject: "Girls Just Want to Have FUN!!!'

Extreme Veteran

Yep... thought the title said it all to quote Ms. Cindy Laupers song of the same title.

So the Tomball girls are having a good time in Texas, we have another one of Jess's mystery weekends, it's National Quilting Day tomorrow and I consider myself to be one of the "Homebodies" having a sewing party of one so to speak. 

Well this "Homebody" spent yesterday doing dishes, and doing some prep work for some of this weekends sewing and for this weeks blog posting for this evening or tomorrow. 

But once I get past all that I'm planning to attempt a couple of the FWS blocks, continue stitching my Schnibble since there was a mind-changing 3 times on it that has caused some slight brain rattlings from the ohhhh-so-super-quick whiplash in finally making a decision.  For hand work this weekend I will be plying my needle on "Sunflower & Crows" piece and at TV time I'm working on appliqueing my tulips blocks.    

So I guess I'll have to come up with some eye candy at some point this weekend to share and I'll do the best that I can to provide that for ya. I'm going to have some great eye candy on the blog this weekend too.

Well come on .... tell me what you going on?  You working on the mystery quilt of Jess's?  How that those Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks?  Are you also one of the "Homebodies"? How are You celebrating National Quilting Day tomorrow?

Well I'm off to ponder my blog entry so I'll see you this evening in Chat.

Toodles,
Tricia

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ThreadsMA
Posted 2013-03-15 3:29 PM (#74791 - in reply to #74789)
Subject: RE: "Girls Just Want to Have FUN!!!'

Veteran

I am going to be working on the mystery quilt. This will be my first mystery quilt.

Saturday I am going over to Pat's house from the forum. We found out we live 45 - 60 minutes away from each other.

Bringing my sewing machine etc.

Is it Saturday yet?

Soon?   lol

Lynn

MsMeow
Posted 2013-03-15 3:48 PM (#74792 - in reply to #74789)
Subject: Re: "Girls Just Want to Have FUN!!!'

Expert

Ooh, Lynn - you and Pat have fun!

I'm nearly done sewing the seams on my colorwash quilt...hopefully will get that done this weekend and the last set of blocks for the swap. Tomorrow a.m. while Mark is working I'm going to see my mom then tomorrow evening we're going to Melbourne for a Wash. Nationals game. Sunday should be all sewing, all day, though!
debbieann
Posted 2013-03-16 2:16 AM (#74802 - in reply to #74789)

Expert

sounds like fun ladies.

I have got a party day organized for our guild.....there are 12 off us - meeting at the church for a sew day............hurrah......
It is potluck - I am supplying a huge pot homemade beef/barley/macaroni soup.(They love it - I always bring soup for every workshop etc,
We have desserts, fresh bread, squares,pie and on and on......lol

Have a few prizes and games arranged.....9-3ish.......New projects, UFO's, cancer quilts and much more....shou7ld be a great day of fun fellowship and sharing the love of quilting.

I also hope to get me Farmers Wife blks done and my birthday blks......and talk to my long distance quilty friends.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
bobtailcat
Posted 2013-03-16 12:16 PM (#74815 - in reply to #74802)

Elite Veteran

And amid all the other stuff that wants doing around here, I'm hoping to do some quilting.  I've got the cutest frog fabric for a Project Linus quilt that I'm anxious to get started.  I have to go to Richmond again next week, so I need to get Debbieann's baby quilt blocks done, and Lynn's birthday block - those had better take precedence over the frogs.  Debbieann, I hope you're having all kinds of fun at your party day!
ThreadsMA
Posted 2013-03-16 7:54 PM (#74826 - in reply to #74789)

Veteran

It is Saturday!

I had a great time sewing at Pat's house.

Lynn

debbieann
Posted 2013-03-16 10:30 PM (#74834 - in reply to #74789)

Expert

OH MY what a party..........................lol

We had a blast......13 of us started at 9am and we left at 3:45........we had an awesome lunch......homemade soup, fresh made soda bread, sticky buns, blueberyy/pomegranite dump cake, relish tray, fruit tray....fresh made roast garlic & bacon hummus.......a red pepper & cream cheese spread with variety of crackes & bagel chips.......THen fresh blueberry muffins and peanutbutter/marshmallows sqs. for snack to keep us going......lol

Now what do you think was the most important...lol

There were UFO's completed and new Cancer mugrugs made for a funraiser fornour local Jurvanski Cancer Clinic.....we also got the center section of our donation quilt to the CIBC bank for their funraiser..Some ladies quilted a few projects.

After that lunch I introduced the girls to the fq game.....we ran 2 games of 5 quilters each.......what a blast. we laughed and giggled - they really enjoyed it. So much we are going to do it again on Mon - our regular sewing day.

Now when I got home - I was drained slept for 2 hrs......had supper then fell asleep again...lol. Lots of energy dispersed.....still building up my stamina...lol.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
scrapatches
Posted 2013-03-17 9:13 AM (#74847 - in reply to #74789)

Expert

A Top o' the  Morning to Ye!

Had a fun day sewing the mystery with Lynn yesterday!  ...

Lynn ... have fun today!

Tricia ... I shall have to go visit your blog ...

Donna ... have fun at the game!

Barb ... the froggie fabric sounds sew cute ... what busy time you have ... hope you get some sewing time soon ...

Debbieann ... that sounds like a fabulous time!

I may wear the green and go get my free fat quarter for my favorite LQS later today ... there is something about find the hidden leprechaun and the pot of gold fun, too ... (only green I could find in the emoticons )

I posted this picture in the mystery thread but I am not sure if ya'll can see it ... so here is my new sewing room set up ...

Have a lovely Sunday and a happy quilty day!   Pat

Edited by scrapatches 2013-03-17 9:15 AM

(New Sewing Room Set Up (300x225).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments New Sewing Room Set Up (300x225).jpg (68KB - 149 downloads)
MsMeow
Posted 2013-03-17 5:06 PM (#74875 - in reply to #74789)

Expert

Pat, your sewing room looks wonderful!

I finally finished sewing the colorwash top yesterday (picture on the March WIP thread). Glad that's done! It's going to be a bear to quilt. I'm putting it away for a while.

Today I cut the pieces for the last batch of swap blocks. I sewed one but wouldn't you know - once I got to the sewing stage I really don't feel like sewing. Plus Big Brother is still making the same bad stitches, so I guess back to the shop it goes. I'll sew a sample and take it with me.
scrapatches
Posted 2013-03-18 11:15 AM (#74910 - in reply to #74789)

Expert

Donna ... your colorwash top is fabulous!!!  I looked at the Jan Krentz one ... was this your inspiration? ... and I really do like yours better ... I love blue/green/yellow and your placement of the colors ... just gawjus ...    When I was looking at the photo you posted somewhere I saw a close-up of the color on the wall in your sewing room ... and it really looks identical to mine ... when Lynn was here Saturday she said that is the color is using in her sewing room, too!  ... Must be a Q&N thing???

MsMeow
Posted 2013-03-18 11:55 AM (#74917 - in reply to #74789)

Expert

Yes, Pat, it's from Jan's book Hunter Star Quilts and Beyond. I also have her Lonestar Quilts and Beyond book. She taught for our guild several years ago. She was wonderful! Very nice and a great teacher. Thanks for your comments - I thought mine was a bit boring compared to hers. :) I thought about attempting a sunrise or sunset look, but I don't have a lot of reds and oranges and figured I wouldn't get it right, anyway LOL.

I can't remember the name of the color of the sewing room, but it was something mint I think. I like it a lot.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software