Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit
- (Added by: sara)

"Here I Go Again On My Own...."
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2013-01-11 11:46 AM (#73483)
Subject: "Here I Go Again On My Own...."

Extreme Veteran

Rain Rain Go A Way!!!! 

When it rains - it's pours and that seems to be the norm around here these days. This hasn't been a good week at all, but take my word; I will save y'all the  "boo-hooing" and leave at that.

So today I'm finishing that table runner if it's the last thing I do!!! I have the front done and need to wrap the back side. I have to get this bloody thing in the mail tomorrow, so a simple SID on the machine will have to do I guess. 

Then of course the handstitching project is going slow with all that is happening, but it's still going. Other that, there isn't much to ramble on about this morning. 

So what are your plans this weekend?  Starting anything exciting or are ya just working on that you carried over from last year? 

I see there are 25 players for the new "paint chip" challenge. I decided not to play in that one this time as I'm going to be doing my first mystery sew-a-long in another group. I've never done a mystery and this one is a small one @ 40"X40" and claims to be very beginner friendly that will go for 6 weeks I believe.

So I'm off for food and to work on that table runner.

Toodles,
Tricia

Top of the page Bottom of the page
debbieann
Posted 2013-01-11 12:11 PM (#73484 - in reply to #73483)
Subject: Re: "Here I Go Again On My Own...."

Expert

Hi there...........remember Tricia this is a friend in need type of place.......venting, boohooing etc.......allowed and we are always here. everyone has been so good with me and the LEG.....it has really helped in those doom & gloom, blues moments.

There seems to be a few more of them lately.......so let us help you.....however we can. I hope hubby makes out ok now that he is in the hospital......cuddle those kitties......they work miraclously (sp)...uhm great.

I have had a very slow week the IV's strength was increased and sllepp is what I am doing best at. I was to my Dr. today....the spot has shrunk - guess sleep works...lol - only 2 3/4 instead of 5 spots.....that made me a little happier,

I hope to get EASY STREET finally put together.....still 8 block A's to go then assembly. I have Valentine mini quilt for a friend to work on.

If that is too much to tackle then i have a few blocks to finish for my guild BOM - I did it in Black/yellow/white with an accent of red........

Today I have to finish the Birthday block swap block for Denise & my BOM swaps of Streaks of Lightning......they are cut....just sew & press.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
MsMeow
Posted 2013-01-11 4:12 PM (#73488 - in reply to #73483)
Subject: RE: "Here I Go Again On My Own...."

Expert

I hope I can get some quilting in. Tomorrow afternoon we're going to Lakeland for FILs birthday. I need to get labels on my quilts for our show since take in is next Saturday (19th), and I need to figure out what treasurer stuff needs to be done before the show.
Quercus Rubra
Posted 2013-01-12 10:10 AM (#73496 - in reply to #73483)

Extreme Veteran

Well it's the morning and I'm up from my nap.

I was bound and determined that I would finish that table runner that had to be mailed by the 15th.  Which I did at 3 am when I finally wrote the note, addressed the priorty enevelop, and put it all together  so it was all ready to go to the PO this am.  Get there drop it only to find out that this is the 12th not the 15th!! Get home check the calendar over the desk..... and wait for it..... 

It was Dec. of last yr. I was looking at!!!   

But anyhows, I was up @ 8:30, got to the PO (which closes @11) and rented 4 movies from the library (which closes @1). So for $3 I picked up 3 movies and a one-week mini series. So that should get me thru today, since usually there isn't anything worth watching at Saturdays.

I got Hope Springs (chick flick);  Hachi (true story);  Amazing Grace (true story) and Pillars of the Earth (based on Ken Follett's book)

So now I have the first small project off my Jan. list, I can still in front of the TV working on the second one.  This leaves me close to 2 1/2 weeks to finish this hand piece so it can be popped in the mail on the 31st.  Today may be a "hit & miss"day, depending on if I have to make a hospital run.

So there is the plans for the rest of my weekend.  How 'bout yours? Well I definitily headed for the coffee pot.  Think today is a White Chocolate Caramel in some Cinnamon Hazelnut fresh grind.

Toodles,
Tricia 

MsMeow
Posted 2013-01-12 11:56 AM (#73498 - in reply to #73483)

Expert

Tricia, I didn't know they made a movie of Pillars of the Earth. Let me know how you like it. I've read the book twice! :)
debbieann
Posted 2013-01-12 12:01 PM (#73499 - in reply to #73483)

Expert

Okay Tricia ...........pleassssssssssssssse send one of those coffees my way. That might get me moving. Here we are noon and finally I think the day has started. Very long sleep from 3 yesterday > supper @7 & up for 1hr.....then settled to watch Nancy Grace & that Jody trial info......missed it > woke at 11:30.....then awake for a couple hrs.....(Have to take sew time at any hr...lol) slept til nurse at 8...then slept thru iv run til now.

Wow boring or what.......going to sew finish my bolcks to swap a Valentine challenge for hmmmmmm...lol which is almost pieced....hurrah.

Then maybe some more Easy Street blocks. Will check in later for everyones update.

Oh have to go out at 2 for a photo op......Remember that Butterfly quilt I made - the winning ticket was drawn this week and we have to do pic......they raised $2,500.00+ for the Cardiac Pediatric Crnter for Toronto Sick Kids Hospital....I was so happy.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2013-01-12 12:27 PM (#73502 - in reply to #73483)

Elite Veteran

good morning ladies,

i have been not keeping up to well this week with everyone,  debbieann, so happy for your good healing news,  prayers for
the continued healing!

everyone staying warm with the winter weather??  we have had a long cold spell going on.  thursday a cold wind storm came thru
leaving snow in the hills and just plain cold here.  ( ok, cold for the coast) i do realize that our 50 degree days would be warm if you
were in other places )  i have been covering the baby basil's up at night to protect them.  today the sky is clear and sunnshiny blue.
the bunnies are out on the back patio cavorting.   guess there will be baby bunnies this spring.    so long as they stay out of the veggies!
my beds are 1-2 feet high with screen over the top so they should be safe.

speaking of babies, congrats dana!!!!  so much fun sewing you can do for a baby girl   

work this week was busy, have not done any sewing.  i am looking foreward to the paint chip challenge though, and i have been thinking
about my sewing goals for this year.  next project to get going is dress for daughters winter dance.  i do have the january birthday girl block done and will be getting it into the mail soon.  we are going to head down the coast today to go to fabric store and bookstore. 

hope everyone has a great day with your plans, dont do tooo much cleaning!!!
i will be off to the grocery store soon.  no cleaning for me today   

(cc2girl39.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cc2girl39.gif (8KB - 146 downloads)
scraphappydenise
Posted 2013-01-12 12:58 PM (#73504 - in reply to #73483)

Expert

Oops... I posted my weekend list in the January thread...... 

Trish.. prayers for DH and his hospital stay... we are here to listen if you want to vent......  remember to take care of yourself....

Dorian
Posted 2013-01-12 3:29 PM (#73507 - in reply to #73483)

Expert

Trish, DH in hospital?? or  did you mean TRICIA, Denise?? Guess I missed something in chat. Hugs and prayers....whichever Trish/cia was meant. lol
ThreadsMA
Posted 2013-01-12 4:54 PM (#73508 - in reply to #73507)

Veteran

YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After lots of practice, and very excellent help from Denise the rectangle and sewing two squares on either end (making triangles) turned out to the measurement it is suppose to be!

So now I can make the January birthday block out of the "real fabric" instead of scrap fabric.

I have attempted other things in learning about sewing quilts, but stayed away from anything that had to do with triangles.

Tomorrow, after church, my husband Mike and I take our 21 year old daughter back to college. No sewing on Sunday for me.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend.

Lynn
kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2013-01-12 10:21 PM (#73515 - in reply to #73483)

Elite Veteran

ummm noooo.......... DH is sitting her watching jeapardy??? i must have missed something too..........
whichever dear hubby is in the hospital....i hope they are back home soon and all is well!

dorie,  lovely snow pictures, my DD is whining NO FAIR and wants to come play.
you said you did not know what to do with  your shabby chic peices, i have a suggestion.........
you could send them to your big sister  for her birthday,  she loves shappy chic!

so no sewing today.  but i did get the new issue of threads and a magazine with 100 quilt blocks.
and i did play with fabric,  we picked out the fabric for daughters winter dance dress. its not going to
be as i was initially  planning.  she saw a pattern that she really liked.  http://www.simplicity.com/p-5900-misses-steampunk-costume.aspx
so this is what i will be working on the next couple of weeks.

hope you all are staying warm and cozy!

nighty night

kidsrn

Dorian
Posted 2013-01-13 8:17 AM (#73517 - in reply to #73483)

Expert

LOL, I didn't think it would be Mark, as I know you would of told me! Oh gee, that is the second hint you've given me young lady   Guess I need to send you some fabric for your bday, huh?   Wow, that's an interesting dress, have fun making it! Sounds like you need to make a road trip up here to play in the snow.

Sewing...sewing...hmmm  I finished putting borders on my mystery quilt yesterday! So I'll snap a picture or two today for viewing pleasure. I have a pile of fabric for Jeds quilt, I need to get busy on. And Isaiah's I spy is still sitting in pieces...but...it's laundry day, so I don't know if I'll accomplish any sewing or not.

kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2013-01-13 12:06 PM (#73519 - in reply to #73483)

Elite Veteran

hehe morning sis,  i reallydidnt know i was "hinting" so much lol.  i just wanted you to know that if you reaaly didnt know what to do with the pretty stuff........... lol.  you need your pretty stuff so please do not take me seriously.  every time i go to the craft store here that also is the only fabric place in town, i scan the fat quarter table for those pretty pieces and snatch them up!  i actually have some fabric to send you.   maybe will get it to the post office tomrrow if my DH will kindly go for me.  its impossible for me to get to the po during the week. 

i too have laundry to do today,  and we need to do a costco run after church.  i would like to start cutting out the dress this afternoon if i have a chance.  my daughter's fashion choice lean towards the Edwardian age modernized a bit.  she loves long skirts and wishes we would wear them all the time.  i am thankful she does not like to wear the prevailing teen fashions which have very little fabric.  she does not go to school dressed for walking the street and i am so thankful we do not have those battles.  she is very conservative in her dress.
 the fabric we picked out is black with a border for the skirt ruffle of fabric flowers.  the trim will be a jewel colored deep blue.  the theme of the dance is northern lights so those colors should carry off the effect.

look foreward to seeing those mystery quilts as the become finished!

time for more coffee!

kidsrn

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software