Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Always do right...this will gratify some people and confound others. - Mark Twain
- (Added by: MsMeow)

Our 1st Weekend
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2013-01-04 1:06 PM (#73327)
Subject: Our 1st Weekend

Extreme Veteran

Well Ladies here it is our 1st get together for the new year and time for new beginnings.

I know we are busy making our resolutions with great gusto but the real challenge will begin when we get farther along. I know I'm off to a great start as I started the New Year with a Needle in my hand as the ball dropped. 

So this weekend my plan is to continue with the St. Valentine project that I got started.  I drivided into quadrants and have been plucking along.  I introduced the second color into it last night.  Tonight I'm most likely introduce the third & final color into this quad. It appears that the brain & fingers are having a meeting of the common mind thus playing nice together as the vision is coming about. 

I have to take Curtis back to his dad's on Sunday but I know I will still get some hand stitching in.  And come Monday the sewing machine comes back out so that I can finish that table runner.

Well I hope that you will join me on this 1st weekend...the door is open, the fireplace is going and cookies with hot chocolate waits for ya. I'm off to do this weeks blog page but I'll be back for Chat tonight. 

Toodles,
Tricia

PS Denise I have a picture of that Stocking wall hanging from a couple of weekends ago here:

http://www.thequiltandneedle.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2568&posts=11#M73332

Edited by Quercus Rubra 2013-01-04 2:40 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MsMeow
Posted 2013-01-04 3:36 PM (#73333 - in reply to #73327)
Subject: RE: Our 1st Weekend

Expert

I hope to get some sewing in this weekend! One of our choir friends passed away last week and his memorial is tomorrow morning. I also really need to get the oil changed in my car so the annoying light will stay off!

Sunday is my mom's 87th birthday so we will probably spend part of the day with her. I imagine having your birthday in a nursing home can be depressing! There's also an event at church Sunday afternoon that I'd like to attend.

So...in between hopefully I can sew a few stitches!
Quercus Rubra
Posted 2013-01-05 4:46 PM (#73361 - in reply to #73327)
Subject: RE: Our 1st Weekend

Extreme Veteran

Donna sorry to hear about your friend and how nice to spend time with mom on her 87th birthday.  Maybe some of her friends at the home will share some cake with her and it won't be as depressing as you might think for heer.

I'm have been busy today since I got up around 9 am.  I dealt with all the laundry & put away. I put my time on the tread mill. Had breakfast, then I went grocery shopping & that's all put away. I know what's for dinner ... my shrimp fettucine chowder. It's one of those made up meals that everyone loves, so it stays in menu coming out occassionly. YUMMY!! Me & Curtis will be making sugar cookies this evening as it's his full night here.  I will taking him back to his dad's tomorrow but I'm hoping that we might be able to stop at the movie theatre for a couple of hours to see that new Hobbit movie.  I should know by tonight if that will happen. 

I started on the second quadrant last on my St.Valentine project that I'm currently working on, so really nothing new on the stitchery side at the moment. I won't ramble on about that to much other than it's slowly coming together.

Rather than that I'm off to make cookies. Talk to Y'all later.

Toodles,
Tricia

kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2013-01-06 5:46 PM (#73398 - in reply to #73327)
Subject: Re: Our 1st Weekend

Elite Veteran

happy sunday!
anyone sewing today??

i just spent the past couple of hours putting away the christmas stuff. whew im pooped!
after a bit of lunch will head to the sewing room. think i will find some fabric and a block
to make for january birthday.

yesterday i finished daughters skirt.  it turned our really well and we are both pleased with the results.
think i will use the same pattern for the yellow linen skirt.  its a nice style on her.

tonight season three of downton abbey starts! yippee, love that show, we are excited for the continuing story.

enjoy the rest of the day everyone! how did the cookies come out tricia?

kidsrn

sew__n__so
Posted 2013-01-06 6:37 PM (#73401 - in reply to #73327)

Elite Veteran

Well, after 8 hours of fondling fabric, I mean counting fabric, I'm not sure that I even want to get anything sewing-wise done this evening. I took the tree down last night during the Packer game, then worked on my little snap sack project a bit. This morning whe I got up, I did a load of laundry, folded 2 loads and pressed my triangle half squares for my snap sack project, so technically I did do something today that qualifies for sewing......
I did get my dessert made for tomorrow night's pot-luck, so I think I will go see if they need any help at bingo.... or maybe I'll play!!

Tonight, in my dreams, I will probably be re-folding and counting fat quarters!!! (Every Year it seems that there are more than the last year!!)

Midge W
ThreadsMA
Posted 2013-01-06 8:45 PM (#73405 - in reply to #73401)

Veteran

Oh help and bother! Have taken down the christmas tree from the living room, it is outside going to be chipped next weekend.

Folding cutting table and small sewing table and sewing machine set up in living room. Scrap fabric being cut up into 3.5 squares and 3.5 by 6.5 rectangle.

21 year old daughter getting ready to go back to college comes in the living room and asks what I am working on. Told her about the birthday block swap,

and the January block is with squares and rectangles that should end up to be triangles. She told me good luck, and that hopefully after three months of people getting my blocks that they would not kick me out of the group!

Practice. . . . .practice. . . .practice

Lynn

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software