Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern--it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that...one stitch at a time, taken patiently." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
- (Added by: misisipimenace)

Hi Ho It's the Weekend
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-12-15 11:49 AM (#72842)
Subject: Hi Ho It's the Weekend

Extreme Veteran

Hi Ho .. Hi Ho .. It's off to sew we go!!! 

Well here it is another weekend  as we approach the end of the year.  So I must sew today. 

Nosy Rosy and Honey are showing good signs of settling in to the route of the house.  Honey (the lighter one of the 2 sisters) is coming out more during the day and Rosy thinks she a dog at times as she follows s around like one.   We are waiting to see if either one of them takes to Steve over me.  I'm kind of hoping that one of them does bond with him.  It is something that time will tell and it's kind of hard to do any hand work with a lap full of cats. LOL.

I have a few smaller items to work on this weekend and should be able to see some progress as I move them along.  I'm looking to be working on 2 wallhangings, a pillowcase, 2 mugrugs and 3 pincushions.  I already have the wallhangings in good progress with one just needed it's last little border and the other one is ready for the sewing machine.  And since I'll be making  my little mugrugs and pincushions out of scraps, I may work on some more 2.5" squares for my little 9-patch blocks that I have as a WIP.  It will help to tame some of those little rascals as they are trying to get away from me .. I do declare!!

And if Mr. Steve happens to lay down I might be able to work on his lap quilt.  I have it all tied now but need to trim the edges and make the binding to finish it out. Woohoo ... if that be the case I might get it done in time to go under the tree. 

So what are your plans?  Are you finishing up those last minute Holiday gifts?  Starting on your New Year resolution to work on those UFO's & WIP's that are waiting for you in the closest or bins or where ever they may be residing?  

Well it's time to do my blog page and then get started on my day.

Toodles,

Tricia 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-12-15 12:28 PM (#72845 - in reply to #72842)
Subject: RE: Hi Ho It's the Weekend

Expert

Not sure what I'll actually work on this weekend.....

I would like to put the two halves together of the wolf quilt.  then it needs the borders, sandwiching, and quilting..... 

I have two quilts to do for little ones.... a 2 year old boy and a 5 year old girl..... the grandchildren of a friend of ours.... her son was just granted custody of the two little ones.... the mom is in a halfway house,   He's had the daughter for nearly a year, (unlegally), but he was finally granted custody of both.   I do believe they each need a quilt to help settle in with.    I am going to use one of the  halves of last year's mystery for Savanaah,  bright colors with hearts...  it needs borders, backing and quilting only.....  so I'll move something from the UFO pile to a finished state for her....   

for PReston,  I have some bright blue/ red pirate fabric with a coordinate I bought on clearance a couple of years ago..... Border and backing solved..... thinking of some 9" economy blocks with pirates in the center.... white, then red outside corners..... something like this....

I'll have to take pics of the pirate fabric and post it later.

Hope everyone gets things done and accomplished this weekend.   

I still have to get the Christmas Tree out of the attic.

sew__n__so
Posted 2012-12-15 3:52 PM (#72847 - in reply to #72842)
Subject: Re: Hi Ho It's the Weekend

Elite Veteran

My plans were to get a lot of things done this weekend....and so far, nothing is done!!
I had to run over to a friends house last night with a few things. I knew she would be home, because she was babysitting her grandchildren. Her mom called with an emergency & asked her to come over to help her with it, so I sat with the 3 kids until her kids got there to take over. So nothing done Friday.

Saturday morning I wanted to get some baking done, and Tammy let me know that 2 quilts were done, so I ran out there to get them... Hopefully I can get the binding at least machine sewn on, so I have some hand work for TV time. While I was out I stopped at the mall and get some Christmas shopping out of the way.

Now I am defrosting the chest freezer....I can't believe all the stuff that was in there....couldn't even reach the bottom!! (Our garbage men will NOT like us this week!!)
Got some of the laundry done, and I am debating on sewing or baking now....

But the good news is that I only have to work on Monday, so I can hopefully do a lot the rest of the week!!

If I get anything done, I will be back to let you know!! HA HA

TTFN,
Midge W
scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-12-15 5:25 PM (#72849 - in reply to #72842)

Expert

The little tree is out of the attic... new set of lights are installed.... Mike just cut a board to help stabilize it..... (table top not quit large enough).....  now to get the decorations on it and the mess cleaned up from that project. 

Midge... I too cleared out the freezer today... I had some freezer burned ham steaks from a year ago in there.... and some mystery stuff w/o dates at all!   My gargabe man will also not like us too much, but we do have the machines that lift the cans up into the truck on our route.  

laundry still to do..... *especially the unmentionables...   or else I have to go without pretty soon!  (guess I should buy a few more pair soon, seems like I've thrown several away recently)  ok, that may be too much information.... sorry.

well,  just sent my report for our guild newsletter to the editor, today is the deadline day..... and I don't want to be tardy..... so now that that is done... it's back to decorating the tree. 

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-12-15 8:19 PM (#72850 - in reply to #72842)

Extreme Veteran

Well today I feel a tad productive since I left ya last time.  I managed to get my blog page done with all kinds of insight and kind of long. But I guess I had some thinking out loud to share.  Then I sat down at the sewing machine to find my groove so to speak.  I got the 2 wall hanging tops completed, a mugrug and coaster set completed, a pincushion made, hand washed some red fabric that I'm going to use for the binding on Steve's lap quilt. 

I started to pull the fabrics that I need for another wall hanging that I need to be working on & shipped out rather quickly this week.  Though I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing with that one yet, so the chances are pattern & fabrics are subjected to change againas the receiver prefers brights over all.  But I'm going to let that one simmer for a little longer.  I think it's time to put the machine up for a while so that I might work on hand-appliqueing the snowflakes that are going on a table runner.  I can still put a couple hours in on that piece. So I guess I'll check in later to see what's been happening.

Toddles Y'all!

Tricia

sew__n__so
Posted 2012-12-15 11:01 PM (#72851 - in reply to #72842)

Elite Veteran

I made chocolate chip cookies using the red and green "Holiday" chips. I did 3 loads of laundry and a load of dishes & got the mess from the cookies cleaned up.
Now it's getting kinda late to start anything, so I think I'll turn in early and see if I can get up early and maybe get another batch of cookies made before church.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: my brother-in-law texted me while I was baking to let me know that his new grandson's name is..... drumroll please..... Duke Lawrence Michael Wilke!! After Ramona and Charlie I know that I should have been prepared for almost anything!!! But I guess I never figured I would have a great-nephew named Duke!!!

Tomorrow is another day....
Midge W
debbieann
Posted 2012-12-16 11:47 AM (#72860 - in reply to #72842)

Expert

Wow ladies lots going on.

I just threw a load of laundry in. Now I have to doing the binding on the Popeye Express.....a train quilt I was asked to design and make. I hope to have it in the Dec completed things if the sizing thing works ok...lol.

Took some frozen chili out for supper. After the binding fun I hope to do the next step in Bonnie Hunter's EASY STREET....I have kept up so far......which makes me very happy. I still have the last one in stages of ready to go. It is number one on the UFO to do list for 2013.

Tricia you will have to keep me and others on track for the new year. By the way great blog entry......loved it.

Okay will check in later on too.

Happy sewing and decorating and life's other challenges at this time of year.....lol

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann

Edited by debbieann 2012-12-16 11:48 AM
Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-12-16 2:34 PM (#72865 - in reply to #72860)

Extreme Veteran

"Tricia you will have to keep me and others on track for the new year. ... Debbieann "

Heehee Debbieann.... I had to giggle as the made me have this little visual picture dance in my head that I was such a task master that I had this bull whip and cracked it when someone slowed down.      Sorry must be the sugar kicking in from the pancake breakfast.  It just struck me as funny at the moment.

So looks like we are trying to get somethings accomplished this weekend.

Denise ... how is the wolf quilt coming along? Did you get it sandwiched? I think the blackets for Savanaah and Preston will make wonderful gifts for the little ones in such a tough transfer. 

Midge ... why is it that every time we set time aside for us to quilt; nothing goes as planned? Yumm on cookies.  When Curtis comes up for his break we are going to make some sugar cookies and possibly gingerbread too.  I also want to make a batch of my White Chocolate Cranberry scone cookies.  (the recipe for those are on my blog on the Oct. 4th entry) I really love these as the aren't very sweet and prefect to go with either my tea or coffee.  Anyhow's eeewww on defrosting the freezer but yeah on the laundry. Glad to hear that you have such a short work week.  I hope you find lots of sewing time in the week to come.

Debbieann ... LOVE the pic of the Popeye train!!!  It's good to hear that you have been keeping up with your Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" pattern. I really should go and take a look at it. Well I don't know if I would call it an UFO if you are still working on it so it might be considered a WIP but looks like you are on track for you New Year List.   

Today I'm working sandwiching and finishing the two wall hangings that I got put together yesterday, then move on to making that binding for Steve's lap quilt.  I think I'm going to go with a finished size of 1.5" double fold binding for it.  If he takes a nap, I'm going to try and sneak in some work time on it.  My goal would be to have it all pinned for Wednesday at group to hopefully finish it out.  i'm not sure in which direction I'll head once all that is done.  I do still have to make another mugrug and pincushion. And I should really get started on that Nutcracker wall hanging to ship out too.  Wow the just isn't an rest for the wicked! But I guess that is a good thing.  It helps keep me out of trouble.   

Okay now it's time to get productive.

Toodles Y'all!!

Tricia

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software