Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein
- (Added by: Jami)

Block Exchange Groups
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

kittyquilter
Posted 2012-09-19 8:59 PM (#71052)
Subject: Block Exchange Groups

Elite Veteran

Is everybody ready? Are you revving up the sewing machine? Remember, if you want to contribute to Harmony House, just make a 7th block and send it along with the rest. The 7th block is strictly voluntary. Also remember to include a self-addressed stamped envelope. I have pm'd everyone with my address.

Here are the groups and blocks:

SCRAPPY LADIES:
Denise, Debbieann, Kim, Cindy, Nanci, Midge

Oct. Block (chosen by Midge) "Bear Tracks" in earth tones with beige/tan/cream background
Nov. Block (chosen by Cindy) "9 Patch" with white on black background outer corners, black on white background inner corners, red center sq.
Dec. Block (chosen by Debbieann) "Sawtooth Star" reds, blacks, white TOT background
Jan. Block (chosen by Nanci) "Streak of Lightning" reds with white TOT background
Feb. Block (chosen by Denise) "Weathervane" blues, navy, yellow background
Mar. Block (chosen by Kim) "Lover's Knot" Pinks, greens, white TOT background

QUILTING DIVAS:
Nanci, Denise, Gina, Sue, Sandy, Donna

Oct. Block (chosen by Nanci) "Depression" scrappy fabrics, white TOT background
Nov. Block (chosen by Gina) "Noon & Light" Teals, purples, white TOT background
Dec. Block "Goose Creek" (chosen by Denise) scrappy with outside triangles in reds
Jan. Block (chosen by Sue) "Dutchman's Puzzle" dark reds, cream TOT background
Feb. Block (chosen by Sandy) "Baby Bunting" Pinks, white TOT background
Mar. Block (chosen by Donna) "Sunlight & Shadows" greens, white TOT background

STITCHIN' SISTERS:
Milica, Sherry, Cherie, Gina, Cindy, Pat

Oct. Block (chosen by Sherry) "Annies Choice" bright blues, white TOT background
Nov. Block (chosen by Pat) "The Old Red & Blue", reds, blues, white TOT background
Dec. Block (chosen by Cindy) "Box Kite" bright colors (can be novelty) with coordinating TOT, white TOT backgrd
Jan. Block (chosen by Milica) "Woven Ribbons" country reds, blues, greens, yellows with white TOT background
Feb. Block (chosen by Cherie) "Ohio Star" 30's fabrics, white TOT background
Mar. Block (chosen by Gina) "Tulip Lady Fingers" oranges, browns white TOT background

Let the fun begin!!!!

a little help with figuring postage for our return envelopes:

here's a handy chart for figuring postage on regular first class mail - for these packages, you'll want to pay attention to the middle column. the chart ought to help you figure postage needed if you want to weigh your stuff at home and put stamps on it. (a little FYI here just in case anyone is not aware, if the package weighs over 13 ounces, it must go thru the postal clerks!) i use this as a guide at the office - we don't do enough mailing to justify the purchase of a meter - and it's never steered me wrong as long as my little weight scale is correct and if i'm ever in any doubt, i usually stick an extra stamp on it    Please note: "Large envelope-sized pieces that are rigid, nonrectangular, or not uniformly thick pay parcel prices." - the third column there on the right side of the chart

you'll have to scroll down the page a bit, but here are the prices for international large (flat) envelopes - better check with your postal clerks tho before depending on this. #1 - you gotta know your "price group" (country mailing to), #2 - you may need to fill out a customs form. but this ought to help estimate the needed postage.

hope this helps everyone!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
misisipimenace
Posted 2012-09-19 9:43 PM (#71054 - in reply to #71052)
Subject: RE: Block Exchange Groups

Expert

thank you, cherie!  i hope everyone in my groups like the blocks i chose and the colors too

first question . . . where someone has chosen two colors with a background color - for example:  debbieann's sawtooth star in reds, blacks & white background . . . we pretty well know where the white goes . . . is there a preference over where the reds and blacks go?

just curious

sew__n__so
Posted 2012-09-19 10:03 PM (#71055 - in reply to #71052)
Subject: Re: Block Exchange Groups

Elite Veteran

Cindy-
I do like the block you have chosen for the group I'm in-- the colors too!!

As to your question on color: that's a good question, one I hadn't thought of either.
As for my block, I would like the neutral for the background obviously, but each bear can be a different color, or they can all be the same, whichever you choose!

I can't wait to get started-- bought some fabric today for mine, and for a few other swaps, and now I find that some of them will work here as well!! What a coinsidence!!

Midge W
misisipimenace
Posted 2012-09-19 10:14 PM (#71057 - in reply to #71055)

Expert

thanks for the info on yours, midge!
MsMeow
Posted 2012-09-19 10:56 PM (#71058 - in reply to #71052)

Expert

Very exciting! I'm ready to get started, too!
Dippy
Posted 2012-09-20 4:05 AM (#71066 - in reply to #71058)

Elite Veteran

Hello to everyone in my group-

I love all the choices and can't wait to get started I'm looking forward to making your block Nanci, I almost chose this one myself, I actually did a toss-up to decide!!!

Sue x

kittyquilter
Posted 2012-09-20 8:06 AM (#71067 - in reply to #71066)

Elite Veteran

Cindy, I checked Debbieann's color choices and it just says "my colors are red & black with a white background.

Perhaps she can let us know where she wants the red & the black or if she is going to leave it up to the person sewing the block.

Hope this helps.

Cherie
Brn2sew
Posted 2012-09-20 9:10 AM (#71070 - in reply to #71067)

Expert

Nanci, in the Quilting Diva's group you chose this block, and it will be our blocks for October.  Did you want all of the light color pieces to be white TOT??? or just light colored fabric?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Oct. Block (chosen by Nanci) "Depression" scrappy fabrics, white TOT background

Kailee'sMamie'
Posted 2012-09-20 9:41 AM (#71072 - in reply to #71070)

Extreme Veteran

Thank you Cindy for the direction here.....as for colors just like the picture in the block creams, lt tans or white and scrappy colors. Because there really is not a real background color so it could be light dark fabric also.  I am ready to play now too

Edited by Kailee'sMamie' 2012-09-20 9:43 AM
scrapatches
Posted 2012-09-20 10:22 AM (#71073 - in reply to #71052)

Expert

Woo-Hoo!

{{{{{{ Hugs to all my Stitchin' Sisters }}}}}}

Great block choices!

I am quilting a small quilt.  May finish today ...

After that a few QOV blocks and then these blocks are up in my sewing queue.

Sew I am making 7 Annie's Choice blocks in bright blue with a white TOT background and sending them to Ms Cherie by October 30th ... have I got that right sew far?

Ms Sherry ... I do have a question ... should the bright blue be all one particular fabric for each block ... or may the blues be scrappy within each block? 

Just want to make sure I am on the same sewing track with all my Stitchin' Sisters ... Pat

Edited by scrapatches 2012-09-20 10:42 AM
scrapatches
Posted 2012-09-20 10:39 AM (#71074 - in reply to #71052)

Expert

November Stitchin' Sisters Block ...  

For my choice of block ... Old Red and Blue ... http://quilterscache.com/T/TheOldRed&BlueBlock.html ... please use one White TOT fabric (not cream, off-white, or tan) for the background of each block. 

Please follow the color placement as shown in the original block pattern.

Blues may be scrappy within each block ... medium blue to dark blue or navy.

Reds may also be scrappy ... please choose Bright Reds (not the darker Americana colors)

Red and Blue fabrics may be TOT's or small prints or small patriotic prints, but please limit the color palate to red/white/blue

I will try to post a block sample soon ...   Pat

Edited by scrapatches 2012-09-20 10:41 AM
debbieann
Posted 2012-09-20 10:41 AM (#71075 - in reply to #71052)

Expert

Hi my fellow Scrappy Ladies ....then fun is beginning..........happy, happy.

The groups look fabulous....there are going to be some awesome quilts created from this adventure....wow eye candy coming in the near future.

Thanks so much Cherie for organizing this exciting event.

Now Cindy you asked about my red & black placement -------- anywhere is fine...also you can use red tot or black tot or a red & black print as well.....hope that helps.

Okay please don't laugh at this question - so the first in the group is Midge & her Bear Tracks - I am going to make 6/7 of these - send to Cherie......so is everyone else in our group....right. Then Cherie is going to mail all 36 blocks to Midge 6 go to Harmony House....and she has her quilt...then so on and so on.

Told you it was a funny question......just haven't done anything like this before and want to get it right.

Thanks for the patience. Now I get to sew this afternoon ---Bear Tracks.......

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
sew__n__so
Posted 2012-09-20 5:10 PM (#71076 - in reply to #71052)

Elite Veteran

Debbieann-
The way I understood this swap is that each of us will make 6/7 blocks (for example, my bear tracks pattern).
You will keep 1 for yourself and send the remaining to Cherie. She will sort through them and send you back 5 blocks from the remaining stitchers in your group, and keep 1 for Harmomy house. So each month we will make 6/7, and have 6 blocks after swapping.

Hope I am understanding this correctly, and that it may help you understand it as well!!

Happy stitching,
Midge W
misisipimenace
Posted 2012-09-20 7:18 PM (#71082 - in reply to #71076)

Expert

ooo sherry!!!  did you look at the block/quilt samples of your annie's choice on page 2??  there was a blue/yellow one made by marcia that is sooooo pretty!   just sayin'.....

PrairieGal
Posted 2012-09-20 8:19 PM (#71085 - in reply to #71076)

Regular

A question for MIDGE regarding your Bear Paws. When you say Earth Tones, do you mean colors of soil (clay, shale, browns, etc) or nature colors such greens for grass/leaves, blues/grays for sky, yellows/oranges for sunsets and autumn leaves and of course browns for soil?

Kim
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software