Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: One pound of learning requires ten pounds of common sense to apply it.(unknown author)
- (Added by: logcabin1961)

Blogs
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Forum Help and GuidelinesMessage format

ohiorose53
Posted 2012-04-11 6:23 PM (#68114)
Subject: Blogs

Extreme Veteran

I may have asked this question before, if so please forgive me; my medication sometimes muddles my memory. Like many of you, I used to blog on the Block Central blog sites. I see that on the Q&N blog there are links to blogs by members. Are those on a site hosted by Q&N? If not, where are you folks blogging? I would like to start a blog again, but on a site with only other quilters.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-04-11 9:27 PM (#68118 - in reply to #68114)
Subject: RE: Blogs

Expert

Meg... I blog on Blogger,  (sometimes called "blogspot") an offshoot of Google.   You can make your blog as private or as public as you would like, but i'm not aware of a way to open it to just quilters.    I would suggest that you do some blog hopping to see what you think.... there are so maany go visit. 

Wordpress is another site that a lot of quilters use.... 

On Blogger you can have a specific list of approved readers. 

I've been blogging on Blogger for a couple of years now, and it's never gone down on me... I know that the block central blog was lost  at least 2 times that I know of, because i lost my blog entries that many times.

I believe there is a blog over at a website that is for quilters,  which is huge... I  couldn't keep up with the action....  "Quiltiing Board" ... there are lots of swaps, etc,  but like I said... there are thousands of members... and as many posts each day..... not personal enough for me.....

I believe that "quilting gallery" is another.. I haven't actually checked it out.... just not enough time. 

Dorian
Posted 2012-04-14 9:06 AM (#68144 - in reply to #68114)
Subject: RE: Blogs

Expert

I use blogger also Meg. It's free and easy to use. But I don't know of a more private one (although you can privatize blogger as Denise says).
Marissa_L
Posted 2012-04-14 1:16 PM (#68149 - in reply to #68114)
Subject: Re: Blogs

Regular

I also use blogger. I is an easy site to use.
Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-04-17 7:20 PM (#68205 - in reply to #68149)
Subject: Re: Blogs

Extreme Veteran

Meg I use Blogger also. I'm new to the world of blogging so I don't have too much on mine yet. But you are more than welcome to go and take a look at it.

http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/

Toodles,
Tricia

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software