Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Sanity is madness put to good uses - George Santayana
- (Added by: Mandy)

email from Bruce Bonfleur (Pine Ridge Rez contact)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Well Wishes and Sympathy -> Sympathy and Prayer RequestsMessage format

Brn2sew
Posted 2012-03-31 10:03 AM (#67841)
Subject: email from Bruce Bonfleur (Pine Ridge Rez contact)

Expert

Hi everyone,
This is an email I recieved from Bruce Bonfleur yesterday.  He is the contact I've been using for our Pine Ridge Reservation charity quilts.  He was a good friend to my brother, Larry Marshall.   I'm sending this on to let you all know about their changing email and web site addresses and asking for prayers for the work he and Marsha are doing to help the people of the Lakota Nation.  Thanks.    Sandy
Greetings dear folks:
Just a quick email to let you know about/pray about a few things....
#1. "Welcome to Our Lives".... the frustrations and the fantastic in ministry.  Yesterday I was griping and complaining to the Lord that our mailbox has 'dried up' again. What I mean by that is that donations, which we depend on for most of our operating expenses, are behind the 'norm'.  Whenever we step up prayer and begin stepping on the devil's 'toes' then when stop getting regular mail. We won't even get any - ANY - junk mail, nothing, nada in our ministry mailbox. I should be use to this by now, but it is still a struggle (mentally). From the beginning this ministry has operated on faith, and we do so even more these days... and God ALWAYS comes through, in every way. PRAY FOR ME!  But the 'fantastic' I mentioned, the PRAISE is, that despite my grumbling yesterday when we got home (in Rushville) we received in our personal mailbox the GREAT NEWS that our son, Brent, has been selected as a Heritage Scholar at the University of Nebraska/Lincoln. What that means is - the scholarship is for four (4) years - ALL expenses paid, tuition, housing, books, etc. Besides his good academic and leadership record, the way he even qualified for consideration is because his parents have worked with Native Americans (serving) over the past 14 years! Bottom line: the award is worth over $70,000! Marsha almost didn't even apply/submit for this particular scholarship but at the last minute did - and GOD CAME THROUGH! He is so-o GOOD!  So, you see what my/our lives can be like... frustration that we have thousands (of dollars) in 'designated funds', but almost nothing to operate on, to get paid with... but then open a letter and find out about the scholarship.
#2. IMPORTANT: Many of you know that we have changed the name of our ministry from the ABOUT group to - LAKOTA HOPE MINISTRY. When you get a moment or two check out our new, under construction still, website at: www.lakotahope.org. BUT WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW IS the new email address(es) to communicate: ministry/general at - lakotahope1@lakotahope.org. Me/Bruce at - bruce@lakotahope.org; Marsha at - marsha@lakotahope.org and Joe Reeves at - joe@lakotahope.org. We will be shutting down the old addresses after April. Note: people have asked about checks - for the time being they still need to be payable to: the ABOUT group, or, ABOUT/LAKOTA HOPE MINISTRY. Thanks.
#3, Lastly, please, PLEASE keep praying for the Lakota Nation. Just yesterday I was sitting, waiting in the truck at the main intersection in Pine Ridge. While I was there (in just 7 or 8 minutes), I noticed a packed out parking lot at the Catholic church where a wake/funeral was going on..... then a long, long funeral procession came driving through on its way to another burial.... and across the street in Billy Mills Hall was a crowded meeting dealing with treaty law/situation - all of these things appearing to me as 'what a sad commentary on life here' - constant, CONSTANT pre-occupation with death - two young parents killed in a head-on a few nights ago... dealing with broken word... and on and on.... Joe Reeves mentioned a few minutes later as we drove through town.. "You know, when the weather warms up the dysfunction really shows up... on streets, everywhere.." It's true. We know that God is moving, quickly, to turn things around here. He is bringing together people - even churches - like never before. Everyone is fed-up with it all... so.. as I began in the beginning of this email... WHEN WE STEP UP TOGETHER AND PRAY AND COMMIT TO NOT GIVING UP we are stepping on forces of evil and oppression and hopelessness that has held power here for way too long. YOUR prayers will help make the difference... and.. it will even break the 'dried up' hold over our mailbox! THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF ALL KINDS.
Bruce/for Marsha and Joe too. His Peace.
P.O. Box 55, Whiteclay, NE 69365
Top of the page Bottom of the page
misisipimenace
Posted 2012-03-31 4:05 PM (#67850 - in reply to #67841)
Subject: RE: email from Bruce Bonfleur (Pine Ridge Rez contact)

Expert

thanks for the new info, sandy!  and WOW!!!  God IS so good!  fantastic news for bruce, marsha and brent - that is awesome about the scholarship! 
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software