Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." -- Mark Twain
- (Added by: nawma)

3-24 Sew-A-Thon Weekend is here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-03-24 2:55 PM (#67696)
Subject: 3-24 Sew-A-Thon Weekend is here.

Extreme Veteran

Hello Y'all!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that this weekends thread is up and running. I know I'm a little late    but......... I was working on my brand new blog with my 2nd posting.  It's soooo new that it is just plain old white cuz I don't know how to make it all pretty yet....LOL.   I decided to try my techie hand at one myself when I was taking part in the quilters gallery St. Patrick's Blog Hop that ended last night.  Man it was kind of fun & frustrating all at the same time.     

Any hows I going to be putting sashing on my blocks for Kieren's Snip & Snails quilt today.  This I believe is close to the last of my mailout blocks. I have to get them all in their proper envelops to send out at the beginning of the month.  So those who are looking for my contributions....they are coming I swear!!

I going to be backing & batting my little "Oakleaf & Reels" quilt today. Of course at TV I'm working on this months Hummingbird block ~ which of course since I was busy with hand appliqueing Keiren's blocks I started it late and just 2 nights ago when I should have had it done for the month.  Oh well..... so it goes.

I as going to take some pictures of my YBR top outside but of course it is gray & rainy outside.  Go Figure! Guess I'll have to throw it on the floor again.  And the same goes for my "They Choose, You Make" Challenge right here on Q&N.  But wait is that allowed?  Hum guess I should find out.  LOL.

What else.....oh I'm working on some Calico Puzzle blocks for a swap that I'll be hosting on my homesteaders group sometime next month. Just trying to get ahead start, so I went to Quilterscache and picked out this pattern for the swap is scrappy white & calicos and I thought it was a good idea. 

Not sure what else I'll be doing this weekend. I'm thinking I need to add something from my UFO list. 

I welcome you all to the circle and hope you all have a great weekend.

Toodles

Tricia

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-03-24 8:59 PM (#67702 - in reply to #67696)
Subject: RE: 3-24 Sew-A-Thon Weekend is here.

Extreme Veteran

Hello.....anyone.... ?

I have eye candy for everyone!!!!

Let's see.... 1st off is the blocks I made for my Grandson Kieren before trimming.

Then we have my Yellow Brick Road Top....this was an UFO list project as I was wanting to at least have the top made.

Next we have my "Oakleaf & Reel" mini quilt top and then a close up of some of the stitching on the short end of the top.

And finally I have a quick peek of the center part of my challenge quilt.

So other than that, is anyone out there been playing with their sewing machines today?  Just wondering ~ it just seems awlful quiet around here today. 

Well my homemade pizza is done so  I'm off to grab a bite or two. Happy Quilting Y'all!!!

Toodles,

Tricia

(YBR & Ki blocks 006a.jpg)

(YBR & Ki blocks 008a.jpg)

(YBR & Ki Blocks 010a.jpg)

(YBR & Ki Blocks 011a.jpg)

(YBR & Ki blocks 002a.jpg)

(YBR & Ki blocks 003.JPG)

(YBR & Ki blocks 004a.jpg)

(YBR & Ki blocks 009a.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments YBR & Ki blocks 006a.jpg (90KB - 127 downloads)
Attachments YBR & Ki blocks 008a.jpg (84KB - 122 downloads)
Attachments YBR & Ki Blocks 010a.jpg (91KB - 146 downloads)
Attachments YBR & Ki Blocks 011a.jpg (90KB - 148 downloads)
Attachments YBR & Ki blocks 002a.jpg (97KB - 126 downloads)
Attachments YBR & Ki blocks 003.JPG (94KB - 130 downloads)
Attachments YBR & Ki blocks 004a.jpg (80KB - 179 downloads)
Attachments YBR & Ki blocks 009a.jpg (97KB - 132 downloads)
Gerda
Posted 2012-03-24 10:06 PM (#67703 - in reply to #67696)
Subject: Re: 3-24 Sew-A-Thon Weekend is here.

Expert

Very nice, Tricia - wow, you've been busy.
As usual, I got nothing done, the last couple of days were rough, today was a bit better - if this keeps up the next couple of days, I may get a tinner block made - here's hoping!!!
Gerda
scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-03-24 11:07 PM (#67705 - in reply to #67696)

Expert

Wow!  Tricia  you've been a very busy girl!  No sewing at my house this week.    finalizing quilt show plans.... doctor appts. with hubby..... and we had 2 days of beautiful early spring sunshine yesterday and today.. so I spent 4+ hours outside in the garden both days.... pulling weeds and enjoying the sunshine.  (yesterday, there was still some leftover snow in the lawn where the large firs cast shade most of the day ), but it was warm enough I needed to take my sweatshirt off.   Today, I worked in a short sleeved shirt and my bluejeans. 

The best news?  the jeans I wore for gardening last fall that were so tight..... I  actually have to pull them up!  they are loose around the middle.... YEAH!!!!!  I haven't seemed to notice so much with my other jeans, 'cuz they are stretchy and have an elastic waist..... I was very pleasantly surprised!

Gerda... we know you are feeling puny when you can't sit at your computer... Prayers and hugs to you.... hoping for answers at the doctors on Monday.

kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2012-03-25 12:17 AM (#67706 - in reply to #67696)

Elite Veteran

Hi girlies! I haven't much chance to post or read much these past few days. It's been a wild week of stuff and getting ready for out trip. I am posting from the grand canyon tonight. We had a looonggg drive today thru the hi desert. It was nice to walk around this evening. Tomorrow we will explore and hike. Today was dd's birthday. We had a couple of celebrations earlier this week. It's weird having her drive the last few miles today! I will not be doing much sewing this week except for some embroidery. I am working on a ill gift for a swap. And I can't see the pretties you posted Tricia either. For some reason my iPad won't display the pix. Will have to wait until I get home. At least I can connect though. Denise, sounds like you had a great sat out in the garden. Hope the quilt show plans continue to go well. Sounds like a huge undertaking with alot of details to work out. Wish I could visit the show though. Keeping both you and mike in prayers. Garda, sounds like a nasty bug hit you. Take it easy and get well soon! It's frustrating to not have your usual energy. Dorie, how is pipsqueak today? I'm still hoping for a very special birthday gift. I got a daughter for my 30th bay, now a niece or nephew will make a great gift hehehe. What a big march celebration we could have! Of course, most of all is a healthy new family member and an easy, healthy delivery for you. I have the phone with me and I have service. Take care everyone, I need to get some sleep after our long drive. Need to call friend who is dog sitting. Night night from the grande canyon!

Ps. The pix showed up,  you really got alot done today Tricia.  The blocks are soooo cute!

Edited by kidsrnloves2sew 2012-03-25 12:19 AM
ohiorose53
Posted 2012-03-25 4:06 PM (#67708 - in reply to #67706)

Extreme Veteran

Didn't know for sure if this was on this weekend or not, but I have been sewing. Finished the binding on a UFO, it is now in the wash having all the dust and pet hair laundered away. Finished the latest round of adding strips to some scrappy string blocks. Looking for the next project, although I think I may need to clean the sewing room first. It is so disorganized I can't find a thing!

ohiorose53
Posted 2012-03-25 4:09 PM (#67709 - in reply to #67708)

Extreme Veteran

Tricia,

Just wanted to congratulate you on the eye candy. I thought the snail and the puppy dog were just so charming. Snips and snails, and puppy dog's tails, right?

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-03-25 8:28 PM (#67710 - in reply to #67696)

Extreme Veteran

Thank You Meg.... That was it exactly.  Glad you could join us and thanks for the commentments on my pictures.  Oh yeah I saw you joined the group we talked about.

Well I'm having a frog day.  But I'm just having one of those days that I shouldn't touched the sewing machine.   At this point I thinking I'm going to go do some hand work.  Lot less hair pulling!   That's for sure!  LOL. 

I'm also been thinking on what my next project will be. I should work on my doll quilts from my one yahoo group.  But one of them I want to add a willow tree in the center.  I'll figure it out.

Well dinner is ready and afterwards I'm going to go work on my Hummingbird block.

HAGN Everyone & Toodles.

Tricia

sew__n__so
Posted 2012-03-25 9:19 PM (#67711 - in reply to #67696)

Elite Veteran

Tricia-
I am sorry that I could not join in on your sew-a-thon this weekend. I would have loved to, but as you know, my boss had other thoughts as to how I spent my weekend.... blah, blah, blah.
But I have done my overtime, and I did get a chance to machine sew the binding on my tablerunner, so I now have some hand sewing I can do while watching tv this week.
I will probably do a buck-a-block or 2 yet tonight, but no major sewing for me this weekend..... hopefully next weekend though. I still need to get that quilt top pieced for the May wedding.

Keep up the good work-- you are inspiring me!!

Midge W
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software