Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." - A. A. Milne
- (Added by: misisipimenace)

Sew along weekend #2
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

sew__n__so
Posted 2012-01-22 8:57 PM (#66242 - in reply to #66189)
Subject: Re: Sew along weekend #2

Elite Veteran

Tricia-
Very nice!! Must be the season for 'twister' blocks-- I just got a kit for a valentine twister that I had ordered-- and a pattern for a Christmas tree twister. And one of the girls was working on a valentine twister tablerunner yeaterday!!

Haven't done too much sewing yet today, but I will get going on some stuff soon-- it was a good day for an afternoon nap!!

The "what was I thinking" from my fair and square isn't just from now-- I really was thinking that when I picked the fabrics out too!!
I am not one to pick out PINK at all (although the girls kept telling me that it wasn't pink, but a salmon color-- whatever!!) But at the time my name was drawn, I couldn't find any other combination that jumped out at me-- that, and the fact that one of my sisters-in-law was just diaganosed with breast cancer a short time before, so I must have had her on my mind.
She just might end up with this quilt yet!!

I am trying to get up enough nerve to try my twister project now-- wish me luck.

Have a good week,
Midge W
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gerda
Posted 2012-01-22 9:28 PM (#66243 - in reply to #66189)

Expert

You can do it, Midge! we did one at guild, and all we had was a paper template! worked out fine!
I look forward to seeing yours, too. And how is your SIL now?

Nicely done, Tricia! WOW to the colours!
Gerda
sew__n__so
Posted 2012-01-22 9:57 PM (#66244 - in reply to #66189)

Elite Veteran

Gerda-
thanks for the confidence you have in me!!
My sister-in-law is doing great now, thanks for asking. We were together on Christmas, and even though she only lives about 4 miles away, we don't see each other very often-- busy lives!!

I do want to try the twister thing-- I know I had a ruler, but couldn't find it-- so I bought a new one!! Bet my first one shows up real soon!!

Midge W
Wendy MI
Posted 2012-01-23 8:14 AM (#66247 - in reply to #66189)

Extreme Veteran

Tricia, that does look like it might be frustrating, but very cool just the same!

I did get fabric cut into strips for some log cabin blocks to finish up another bom from 2008! That was after making sloppy joe and cookies for a sledding party at one o'clock. Was after 6 when we got home from the party. I also have a bunch of flying geese cut out so I can finish up yet another quilt.

Didn't get any quilty stuff done................oh, I did to, if you count checking out a quilt shop and buying a book I had a master gardener meeting but I read the time wrong.....at least I got the day right I was a couple of hours early so that is when I drove on to a quilt shop!!

So nice to hear about all the projects being worked on. Keep up the good work, ladies!!!

Next Sat. I will be on a shop hop, but the lady organizing it is keeping it a secret as to where we are going......so, all I know is that we meet at 10am. on Sat. !!! I am taking some finished tops so I can match them up to some backings!!!! I have 4 spots reserved at my quilter and only 1 quilt there so sometime in the next few weeks I have to take in 3 more, then I will put my name down a couple more times!!!! I WILL BE GETTING SOME QUILTS COMPLETELY DONE

Wendy
MsMeow
Posted 2012-01-23 9:53 AM (#66249 - in reply to #66189)

Expert

Wendy, that sounds like such fun! Wish I could go... :)
SallyC
Posted 2012-01-23 10:43 PM (#66270 - in reply to #66189)

Expert

Twister is so much fun--I've made 4", 5" and 6 1/2" rulers to make other sizes--lots of fun--I think I've made about 4 so far and no end in sight!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software