Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels
- (Added by: Jami)

Having A Quilty UFO Weekend Bee.....
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

MsMeow
Posted 2012-01-07 6:27 PM (#65862 - in reply to #65805)
Subject: RE: Having A Quilty UFO Weekend Bee.....

Expert

Great projects, Tricia! I haven't tried a hex shape.

Sally, I saved the Orca Bay pattenr but am not making one. Still trying to finish the 2010 mystery!

Speaking of which, here is RRCB as the pattern is designed. I'm adding 2 more borders. I got the blue one done, but the black print outer border has to wait for another day. I'm pooped!

After I ironed the blue border, I folded the top and left it on the ironing board. I left the room for a few minutes and when I got back Penny had appropriated the quilt! Silly cat.

(RRCB as pattern says.jpg)

(RRCB claimed by Penny.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments RRCB as pattern says.jpg (77KB - 132 downloads)
Attachments RRCB claimed by Penny.jpg (56KB - 145 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
debbieann
Posted 2012-01-07 6:30 PM (#65864 - in reply to #65805)
Subject: Re: Having A Quilty UFO Weekend Bee.....

Expert

Sally I started it....I have all my red strip blocks done, half of the blue strip ones.

I have 200 of the 1 1/2" HST's, 150 of the hourglass ones.

I have put together one of each of the Ohio stars & one of the strippy flying geese.

It is an awesome quilt....I think this one is better that the RRCB one and it was something else...lol

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
debbieann
Posted 2012-01-07 6:33 PM (#65865 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Ah Donna you just got to love her......lol She does take pretty pics with the quilts.

WOW your RRCB is awesome....love the look of this one...a great design. The Orca is pretty terrific too.

Hmmmmmmm so many projects and little pieces.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-01-07 6:39 PM (#65866 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Sally... I  am like Donna... I hadn't finished the RRCB yet when the orca bay mystery started... so I have saved all the steps... for a rainy day....  I might need to collect a few more blacks to pull it off..... or.... use blues instead, where she used the black.... and switch the blue to golds.... so that it would be more patiotic looking..... I an do that....

I'm still ironing fabric here.....  I have one load left to wash... the lightest load... color wise..... and I have 3 pieces from the green/blue load to press yet... but I did go re=work the stash shelves to make room..... LOL 4

I'm off to check out the pics in the album..

scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-01-07 6:40 PM (#65867 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

and Oh... I cannot move on without telling Donna that her RRCB is looking fabulous!  
MsMeow
Posted 2012-01-07 7:09 PM (#65869 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Thanks, ladies! Now Penny & George are both on it on the ironing board.
Jess
Posted 2012-01-07 7:41 PM (#65871 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

I'm a late joiner but I've been finishing up a charity quilt today, then working on the one for my Aunt tomorrow. Looks like everyone's having fun!
Wendy MI
Posted 2012-01-07 8:06 PM (#65873 - in reply to #65805)

Extreme Veteran

Boy, there are a lot of us having fun this week-end The RRCB is beautiful. There were just too many small pieces for me right now I did print off the orca bay, but will save it for later. I didn't get anything finished today, but I did get a few decisions made I got the rows sewn together on a row quilt I started in 2006. I didn't do the funky flower row so I am going to make a border of log cabin squares to make it bigger. I almost got the binding hand stitched on another quilt. Maybe I will get something "finished" up tomorrow!! Another quilt just needs borders on each side, then it will be ready to go to the quilter. Have to buy more black fabric to put the binding on another quilt, then there are some flying geese to make to get the top finished up on yet another quilt. And then.................................oh, this could go on for days

See ya all tomorrow!

Wendy
sew__n__so
Posted 2012-01-07 8:54 PM (#65876 - in reply to #65805)

Elite Veteran

Wow Wendy!! You are being an over-achiever for sure-- sounds like you want to finish a whole year's worth of projects in one weekend!!... if it was only that easy!!!

Tricia- you have made some real progress too-- like the fabrics in your tabletopper-- forget the name of that line....

Donna- your RRCB os really pretty!! When I read the instructions for that iff thought it had WAY to many pieces for me to want to do-- but I have it saved, just in case!!

I have done most of the laundry, grocery shopped, made supper for tonight and tomorrow, did the dishe, went to Mass, so now I can sit down to sew for awhile!! After chat last night, I was working on my New Year's Day one-day mystery (that I have been working on EVERY NIGHT this week) I have 3 more rows to put together for the middle, then 2 borders to go. Maybe I can get it done tonight yet.

Then I would like to get the binding on a set of placemats that have been waiting for a LOOOONG time to be finished.
I have to get a good night's rest tonight-- 'cuz it's inventory at a friend's quilt shop tomorrow at 8:00 AM. Might have to help out at bingo Sunday night too.

Gonna scoot-- see what I can get done.

thansk for the inspiration everyone!!

Midge W
SallyC
Posted 2012-01-07 10:25 PM (#65879 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Donna,
It's gorgeous!!!! Mine is still in pieces (got distracted by Orca.....)
MsMeow
Posted 2012-01-08 8:48 AM (#65883 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Well, I need a trip to JoAnn's to finish RRCB. I need a final 3" border in a black-background print, and I don't have enough of any one fabric, and don't have two that look good together, so I need to go find something. I think I'll stop after work tomorrow.

No sewing today. We're heading over to Lakeland to celebrate my mom's & Mark's dad's birthdays.
Dorian
Posted 2012-01-08 8:54 AM (#65884 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

That's beautiful Donna!
kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2012-01-08 1:40 PM (#65888 - in reply to #65805)

Elite Veteran

donna and tricia, your quilts are just beautiful!

so many little pieces!!! how do you do those????

the hexagon toppers are really pretty as well.

i need some educating............... what is an RRBC??

had a change of plans for today, i am NOT going in to work. i just need the day off! the families are not ready for the next step.

so i am going to work in the sewing room and home stuff.

cant wait to see what else you all get accomplished this weekend. tricia is on a roll

take care,

kidsrn

(cutecolorsquilt4a.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cutecolorsquilt4a.gif (18KB - 144 downloads)
scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-01-08 1:43 PM (#65889 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Progress report....

I got all of the washed fabric ironed and into the shelves... (not and easy accomplishment... 'cuz now I have a stack about 18" high that is all outdoor panels, companions, leaf prints, etc.  that need a home... I will have to re=organize a couple of my plastic drawer unit to make room..... I am stuffed to the gills...  and i still have a load to wash which probably has approximately 30 yards in it.... mostly white background with a fun polkadot look,   a piece that is white with huge tropical fish...... and a few smaller pieces that are light in color.  Not sure where they will go.....

I also did some major re-organizing of the shelves to make this happen..... and cleared a bunch of stuff off my "stack and go" table....

I got the two orange/blue blocks done for the Jan Pine Ridge quilt.....

Have pieced all 6 of the blocks for my guild's BOM that needed to be done... 

I forgot that I need to make a Christmas stocking for a  fun swap for this coming year over at the scrappyandhappy yahoo group.... so I guess that will be next on my list.....  a local group I quilt with thought this idea sounded fun.. so Ill put together a similar list for us to do, rather than a single gift for one another.... so I'll make 2 stockings just in case we decide to do that while my reds/ greens/ whites are out.

Then I need to fussycut some of those tropical fish from that yardage that still needs to be washed... its the only tropical themed fabric I have and I am obligated for at least 6 happy blocks.... (I won last month!)  

Pics will come later this afternoon... I just finished a breakfast of oatmeal and cinnamon toast  and am off to the shower....

be back later...

It's a glorious sunny day outside... so may have to go out and enjoy it for awhile today... I have bird feeders to fill,  some leaves to rake up.... etc.

scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-01-08 1:51 PM (#65890 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Kidsrn - 

RRCB is the name of Donna's quilt... it stands for Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll,  and it was an internet mystery that Bonnie Hunter did on her website/blog last winter..... I think that 4 of us started it... Myself, Donna, Debbieann, and Sally.

I posted about my tops a few weeks ago... I split it into 2 smaller tops... that are both lap size, just under twin size.... Donna is making hers larger for a KIng size bed. 

BOnnie has just finished a new mystery, Called... Orca Bay..... which is still posted on her website / blog for free.   She will leave it up for a few more months... but since she will publish it in an upcoming book,  she will pull it down later this spring.... and it will no longer be available for free.   Her quilts are very scrappy.... very piecing intensive,  but they are gorgeous!     She has several free patterns that she has listed along the side of her website that are great stash busters.   she is also funny to follow... she's a great writer.

I've saved all the steps to her new mystery, the ORca Bay,  but am resisting the temptation to start something new until I clear some more UFO's off the list....

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software