Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There is a purpose for every fabric and a fabric for every purpose. -- Cindy Prince
- (Added by: Jess)

Having A Quilty UFO Weekend Bee.....
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led Challenges and Quilt-a-LongsMessage format

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-01-06 9:53 PM (#65805)
Subject: Having A Quilty UFO Weekend Bee.....

Extreme Veteran

Hey Y'all!!!

I'm having a scheduled Quilty Weekend Bee for my self here starting here on Friday night with some hand quilting and wanted to know if anyone wanted to jump in with me? 

I have a Hexagon Table Topper that needs to be finished with some binding for Monday for a local quilt shop. I have been talking with Steve....  and with his blessings ( and the fact he has a bunch of stuff to do himself) have planned the whole weekend set up for Quilting. And since I'll have the sewing machine and all that goes with it out.... I have a couple small UFO projects that I can knock off my list.  I'm really trying to get serious about that darn UFO list that is looking at me at this very minute.  I move it and it seems to come back to the computer...... hummmmm it is trying to tell me something, I wonder?

Anyways, if anyone is interested...... gather up your supplies, pull up a chair & table and just join in on the circle. Okay it's hard to be a circle with just one person but you know what I mean.  Any time you take a break, maybe think about sharing with us here.  We know we ALL LOVE the eye candy and hearing about your progress, frustrations and all the news that is fit to print.  And I'm SURE we all will make all the right sounds for ya. WE promise!!!!!

My goal is to finish that topper --binding,

my small Redwork SBS with 30's pinwheels needs the 3 B's..... batting backing & binding

My "Golden Oak leaf & reel" piece that is a personal challenge between me & Gerda.  needs 3 B's plus a small bit of hand applique done on it.

My SQT 4-patch Blue candle mat.... needs binding.

My "Sleeping Cats" nine patch wallhanging. Another UFO that needs help from the piecing on up.

From there ..... once these are finished .... maybe start with another  machine project that is on my list.  I have several larger projects that I can either do the cutting or the piecing of.

Well thoses are my little goals.  I will take lots of pictures and update as I go along.  Feel free to jump in anytime.

The Guilty Quilter,

Tricia

Edited by Quercus Rubra 2012-01-07 10:32 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MsMeow
Posted 2012-01-07 8:17 AM (#65817 - in reply to #65805)
Subject: Re: Having A Quilty UFO Weekend Bee.....

Expert

Tricia, I can join you today! I'd really like to finish Roll, Roll Cotton Boll today. That said, I'd best have breakfast and get at it! LOL
Brn2sew
Posted 2012-01-07 8:33 AM (#65818 - in reply to #65817)

Expert

Tricia and Donna, I've got some stitching to do this weekend too.  Have one baby quilt on the frame and yesterday finished quilting far enough so it could be turned sideways to quilt those borders.
Next will be quilting another baby quilt (top is complete) for the daughter of a niece (actually has fabric from the quilt for the niece when she was a baby Where has the time gone? 
Another baby quilt just needs binding.
If I get these three done, I'll feel like I've accomplished as much as this weekend can hold.  Good luck with all your projects!

Wendy MI
Posted 2012-01-07 9:47 AM (#65825 - in reply to #65817)

Extreme Veteran

Hey, Tricia, I have joined you and didn't even know it!!! 3 other friends started finishing ufo's yesterday morning. I didn't get home til after 11pm. I am headed back today as soon as I get away form this silly computer. Right now I am working on finishing a quilt that was a BOM from 2006. Thanks to Gerda I have a pic. to work from for putting it together. I have realized that in 2006 I didn't totally understand the importance of 1/4" seams I may have to make some adjustments!! I am also having some difficulty finding the fabrics that I used for these UFO's and the more I hunt for the fabric, the more UFO's I'm finding I hope this is the last year I have to spend working on them
Today I am also taking 2 quilts to sew the binding on.

Hope everyone has a great day and enjoy whatever you are doing.

Wendy
Brn2sew
Posted 2012-01-07 10:15 AM (#65826 - in reply to #65825)

Expert

Wendy, I know all about finding more UFO's     Good luck with your projects.  My first one is now off the frame and ready for a binding. 
misisipimenace
Posted 2012-01-07 10:30 AM (#65827 - in reply to #65826)

Expert

tricia, i'm not sure finishing the piecing of dorian's baby top counts as one of my UFOs but i'll be working on that today, then my block for gerda's grandbaby's quilt, then checking out patterns and blues & oranges to see if i can squeeze out a block or 2 for the current Pine Ridge quilt (which if anyone is interested in helping with this Snug Society charity project, i just happen to have the link to that thread     ) and after that who knows . . . billy is working 1-9 today, so i'll get started sewing after i get him fed & off to work . . . so can i play with y'all???

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-01-07 10:30 AM (#65828 - in reply to #65805)
Subject: RE: Having A Quilty UFO Weekend Bee.....

Extreme Veteran

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Thanks for joining me on this UFO sewing weekend. It is 10 am here; I'm here with my 1st cuppa of java and my list of supplies for today's adventure while sitting here in my new pink cloud fleece pj's. And nope I'm not changing into "real" clothes either today..... these are so much more comfy then sweats.  LOL.

I spent some time last night running towards the finish line on the vest panel. So I'm off to a good start there. The camera is good to go... and I ate my half of a banana like a good girl.  So I just wanted to stop in and see how things were starting out for every one. 

Looks like binding is a big item on today's To Do List.  Good luck with that Ladies. Hope we get some womderful eye candy shots today.  I will check back in a couple of hours.

The Guilty Quilter,

Tricia

misisipimenace
Posted 2012-01-07 10:32 AM (#65829 - in reply to #65826)

Expert

Brn2sew - 2012-01-07 9:15 AM Wendy, I know all about finding more UFO's     Good luck with your projects.  My first one is now off the frame and ready for a binding. 

wow sandy!  what time did you get up today to get that done already i am in awe of your quilting prowess   i would bow, but i can't find an icon for that so a dozen ms. tassels in honor of you will have to do!!

kidsrnloves2sew
Posted 2012-01-07 10:46 AM (#65835 - in reply to #65805)

Elite Veteran

wow, you all have been busy busy so far today, but i guess your day started before mine lolol

i am about the last to see the sun come up here on the coast.

i will not be working on any UFO's today. though i have a box of stuff to finish some day, i think there are a couple of skirts cut out ready to stitch, and a couple of dresses as well. some things i wasnt happy with and want to remake. someday....hehehe

i will be working on daughters dress for the winter dance today. the muslim was fitted and adjusted last week, now its ready to be used as the pattern. wanted it perfect before cutting the dupioni! i did start the quilting on DD's christmas quilt this week. its about a quarter quilted.

it will be fun to see what everyone get's accomplished today!

check back laters....... kidsrn

(cutecolorsquilt3a.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cutecolorsquilt3a.gif (7KB - 130 downloads)
scraphappydenise
Posted 2012-01-07 11:07 AM (#65837 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Trish... thanks for the gentle, little "push".  I also plan to get some stuff done this weekend....  a few nagging projects i want to clear off my list.... 

I HAVE to get the last three blocks for our guild BOM constructed so that I can make sure my directions are clear to follow..... then I can get them sent off to our webmaster who is patiently waiting for them..... these are the May, June and July blocks....  this means I need to stitch 6 total... in pairs of 2... one for me... one for the draw.     since we are doing a color wheel tour, that means getting out my scrappy drawers and digging first.  

While I have my scrappy bins out... I'll pull my blues and oranges and get the two blocks stitched up for Gerda's QA quilt.

I also have 3 blocks to stich up for an amish block party project.... all different... I do have my instructions printed off.   This will get me current with that project.

But... before I can start that... I need to clear off the  pre-wash and iron project I purchased this week....    

Then... my next project would be to finish the borders on the second of my mystery tops from last weekend, so I can call them officially... 
"Tops ready to quilt". 

My monthly UFO project from the 2012 UFO challenge is to quilt my Friends and Fellows....  so maybe I'll get the back pieced and ready to pin baste. I'm not sure my ankle will let me crawl on the floor long enough to  get it pinned, but if the back is pieced and ready to go, then that will save me time when it is feeling better.  Since this is queen size... I may use some of that basting spray again... it worked really well on my duvet cover and didn't smell too bad at all inside.   We'll see. 

When I add laundry... fixing some meals.... and other misc. weekend tasks... I don't think I'll run out  of projects any time soon.

misisipimenace
Posted 2012-01-07 2:21 PM (#65849 - in reply to #65837)

Expert

hmmmm no eye candy yet . . .

denise, i saw the pic of your score on fabric!!  WAY TO SHOP!!!    *sigh* wishing i could run up on deals like that . . . they is scarce in my neck of the woods . . .

billy has gone to work - miss wren is settled in with games on grandaddy's laptop - emily is not yet home from her work - load of sheets in the dryer - next load is in the washer - prep for dinner has been done, got to make a small kroger run a little later one, but not just right now . . . so i am ready to play with mr. singer!  1st up - finishing the piecing of dorian's baby quilt top . . .

Quercus Rubra
Posted 2012-01-07 3:44 PM (#65854 - in reply to #65805)

Extreme Veteran

Well  it looks I'm the first to provide the eye candy....... this is the tabletopper I did for the shop.  This was a huge challenge for me as it was sooooo way out of my comfort zone on so many levels. 

1. It's what I call Girly girl flower prints

2. Hexagon shaped..... not sure if I would do another unless I had that 60* angle ruler.

3. Binding a hexagon shape when I already hate doing binding & this took me 2 trys to get it on and what a pita is was. It still not laying completely flat but I'll hit it with the iron again.

Let's what else done so far........I made the binding for my four patch piece. Now when I make binding it is double folded and ends up around 1/4" when I'm done with it.  But I'm sort of self taught so I might be doing it wrong but so far it works.  LOL

I have ironed the fabric to be cut out for My  UFO "Golden Oak Leaf & Reel" wallhanging.  I have the pieces for the "Sleeping Cats" cut out with about half of the 9-patch blocks together. And the "Sleeping Cats" have been fused down onto their squares. 

And next on the iron board will be my SBS wallhanging.....

Soooo I guess I'm just clipping along at a decent rate today.   And I'm feeling like I'm accomplishing quite a bit on my UFO list to make me happy. Enjoy the current eye candy!!!!!!  You can find them in "UFO Weekend Photos"

The Guilty Quilter,

Tricia

Edited by Quercus Rubra 2012-01-07 3:53 PM
debbieann
Posted 2012-01-07 3:59 PM (#65855 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

Your hexagon table topper is cool, great job. Your kitty UFO is wonderful..l.then anything with "kitties" is the best.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
Dorian
Posted 2012-01-07 6:00 PM (#65857 - in reply to #65805)

Expert

TRICIA (there are now two of you, so we have to make it clear which one we are speaking too LOL), I wasn't working on any UFO's, but I did get a great headstart on my diaper bag pattern.

I am one of those gals who would prefer not to have to lug a diaper bag and a purse around, so I am making  apattern to combine the two of them. So far, so good    I'll show pictures one day, when I'm finished.

SallyC
Posted 2012-01-07 6:06 PM (#65858 - in reply to #65857)

Expert

Oh My, just saw the finish on Bonnie's Orca Bay Mystery! Gotta finish this one!!!! Who else is doing this? Donna? Denise?
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software