Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. (Author Not Known)
- (Added by: misisipimenace)

Hi from Oregon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Introduce YourselfMessage format

sew cornie
Posted 2011-12-04 1:22 AM (#64908)
Subject: Hi from Oregon

New user

Hi everyone. My name is Jen and I've just come across this forum. I learned to quilt 20 years ago but for the first 17 years it was simply something I knew how to do, rather than something I enjoyed regularly. A couple of years ago I began quilting as a regular hobby and work on some aspect of a project nearly every day. I look forward to participating in this forum and making new friends.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
misisipimenace
Posted 2011-12-04 8:54 AM (#64921 - in reply to #64908)
Subject: RE: Hi from Oregon

Expert

a warm dixie-land welcome to the Q&N, jen! pull up a chair, fill your glass with some sweet tea and let's all chat & get to know each other whereabouts in oregon are you?  scraphappydenise is near the portland area - i'm sure she'll be popping in soon to say HI!

i'm cindy, jess's virtual assistant ( i have an official title) - i'm from NW mississippi, married to billy (lots of bill/billys around here you'll find out), we have 2 daughters, one granddaughter, one grandson, one grand-kitty and one grand-poodle! like everyone else here, i've been sewing for years, started with hand-embroidery, then counted cross-stitch, then garment sewing, and finally added quilting to the mix about 6 years ago. i have always been a proud fabriholic!!! i could fondle fabric ALL day long if someone would just go to my job for me . . . there just aren't enough hours in the day to all the quilty things i would LOVE to be doing

there's always something going on around here so jump on in wherever something tickles your fancy! if you have any questions, just ask - someone always has an answer or will help you find the answer! we all look forward to getting to know you better!

Dorian
Posted 2011-12-04 8:56 AM (#64923 - in reply to #64908)

Expert

Welcome to the board Jen! Hope you find lots of fun things to do here. And don't be afraid to share pictures and drop in on the good morning thread!
PropertyOfGod
Posted 2011-12-04 12:51 PM (#64928 - in reply to #64923)
Subject: Re: Hi from Oregon

Veteran

Wecome Jen from southern Arkansas! I am Nikki I have been quilting for a few years now. My mom and mother in law quilt and are on here as well! This is a fabulous group of ladies and they are very caring! I am not on here much due to my 3 kids and hubby and my business! ( I have a kids boutique out of my home!) It took off hen I least expected it too! Any way happy sewing!

Edited by PropertyOfGod 2011-12-04 12:52 PM
scraphappydenise
Posted 2011-12-04 1:17 PM (#64930 - in reply to #64908)

Expert

Welcome Jenn!   Are we neighbors?   where abouts in Oregon are you from?   I'm out in the Damascus area,  just outside of Portland about 10 miles.....

I've been quilting since 1974, when I took my first quilting class with my SIL....  I didn't quilt regularly until about 1997 or so.... Now, I too... quilt almost every day....

I'm a special education teacher full time.... I also enjoy gardening, and paper crafts. 

Jump right in!  we love newbies around here... and most don't stay newbies very long... hope you feel right at home soon.

sew cornie
Posted 2011-12-04 8:54 PM (#64942 - in reply to #64930)

New user

I'm in Beaverton, just west of Portland. I grew up in Alaska but have been here for almost 18 years, as this is where my husband is from. I taught early childhood education for 10 years before being blessed with the opportunity to stay home with my own kids - ages 7 & 5. My quilting space is in the entry/living/dining/music/play room. Lots of functions in that space and although I don't care to have my stuff out all the time, it's convenient for sewing while the kids play or after everyone else has gone to bed at night.

I have a black thumb when it comes to houseplants and have been too chicken to start a garden, although I'm working up the courage. Two summers ago we built garden boxes and this past summer we put soil in them. Hopefully in the spring I'll actually plant some seeds. My biggest problem is water - as in it's vital to the life of a plant but I seldom remember to provide it. Being in Oregon, the rain should help my garden grow (I hope!).

I don't do many other crafts. I have one embroidery - a pattern that looks like a quilt - and one needlepunch. I have a book and supplies for locker hooking a rug but haven't done it yet. I don't sew clothing at all because clothing has to fit someone. Quilting is what I love and I'm looking to begin a business next year selling things I make.

My favorite fabrics are homespun plaids. I'm working on a quilt right now that is all houses done in plaids. I'm also 38 blocks into a Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt that I began last year. Both of these are on hold until after the holidays but I'll post pictures when they're done.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
scraphappydenise
Posted 2011-12-05 12:39 AM (#64945 - in reply to #64908)

Expert

Jenn -  homespun plaids are near and dear to my heart!   I have quite a collection in on my shelf....  since our home is decorated with a lodge type feel, I want to do more with the plaids I have... and I always have to browse that section of  the stores when i'm out shopping. 

Wish I could find some lighter colored ones to mix with the darker ones I already have.... I'd love to do a scrappy log cabin in plaids. 

Your sewing area sounds ideal... My little stitching space is behind a half wall in our family room area.... so I can talk to DH while he's on his computer or watching TV.  I can watch TV and sew when he doesn't complain too much about he extra light reflecting on his big screen....    My fabric stash is in what would be our spare bedroom if we had one.... just around the corner from my work area. 

sew cornie
Posted 2017-02-08 7:16 PM (#81608 - in reply to #64908)

New user

Hi there. I've not been here in a very long time. I feel a bit sheepish to say that I forgot I'd signed up for this forum. I'll try to become a more active participant.
Dorian
Posted 2017-02-08 9:05 PM (#81609 - in reply to #64908)

Expert

Hi Jen,

This place is really quiet, it would be nice to see a few more faces around here :) If we got enough people, maybe we could get a swap or something going on. Jump on in the daily discussion and anywhere else you want to. Glad to see you.

Dorian

sew cornie
Posted 2017-02-17 2:28 AM (#81614 - in reply to #81609)

New user

Thank you for the welcome. I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with the forum here. I do enjoy participating in swaps.

Edited by sew cornie 2017-02-17 2:29 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software