Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." ~Jack London
- (Added by: delia)

glittering?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Forum Help and GuidelinesMessage format

ELLIE
Posted 2011-10-12 12:01 PM (#63667)
Subject: glittering?

New user

hi, have been sewing a xmas wall hanging and have seen somewhere that glitter was added to highlight some of the features in the quilting... but not sure about the type of 'glitter' to use?, any ideas anyone, thanks x
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dippy
Posted 2011-10-12 1:42 PM (#63668 - in reply to #63667)
Subject: RE: glittering?

Elite Veteran

Hi Ellie,

Not too sure about glitter but I have seen (and used myself) metalic thread, gold for instance, to highlight features - use it as a quilting thread to pick out features of santa's hat or coat maybe.
Is this the sort of thing you were thinking of doing?

Hope this helps...

Sue
Brn2sew
Posted 2011-10-12 5:31 PM (#63671 - in reply to #63667)
Subject: RE: glittering?

Expert

Hi Ellie,  Last Christmas I used acrilic fabric paint to enhance dgs's jungle quilt.  While the paint was wet, fine glitter was sprinkled over it.  He brought that quilt with him last weekend (Oct 8).  Our daughter said she's washed it lots of times, and the glitter is still there.  Some of it did wash off, but actually looks better now than it did at Christmas.  Good luck and have fun!  Sandy

The glitter I used was "The original prisma GLITTER ultra fine gold by Gick Crafts A Gick Company, Irvine, CA 92618.   Probably any glitter would work.

Edited by Brn2sew 2011-10-12 5:34 PM
mimstrel
Posted 2012-03-04 11:22 PM (#67137 - in reply to #63671)
Subject: Re: glittering?

I would recommend finding metallic or sparkly paint to use. Light, fine glitter would work I assume, as Sandy says, but the glitter that I've seen most often in stores is too heavy to withstand washing or even moderately rough handling.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software