|The Quilt and Needle Forums|
|Random quote: The only self-cleaning thing in the house is the cat. - Unknown|
- (Added by: MsMeow)
| Guidelines for Swaps and Exchanges|
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
|View previous thread :: View next thread|
|Member led Projects -> Member led "No-Sew" Swaps||Message format|
Location: Central Texas
Swaps are a fun and engaging part of any guild or group of quilters, and we want the patrons at The Quilt and Needle to enjoy participating in these activities. To avoid confusion and/or misunderstandings, we have drafted a set of guidelines for all swaps and exchanges administered on The Quilt and Needle Forum. Please contact Jessica Smith (email@example.com) if you have any questions or comments regarding the following guidelines. Happy swapping!
1. Each swap should have two hostesses – one who is in charge and a co-hostess who will take over if the hostess cannot fulfill her duties for any reason. If either hostess is a New Member of the forum, the other hostess should be a regular contributor that has been part of the forum for at least six months.
2. Each hostess will have the forum username, proper name, mailing address, and email address for all participants in the swap. The forum administrators must have the phone numbers (swap hostesses and participants should check with administrators to make sure they have phone numbers for all participants).
3. The hostess will be responsible for seeing that everyone has the mailing information necessary to send the packages out.
4. The hostess should contact everyone in the swap approximately one week prior to the exchange to make sure everyone is still on board and on time with their project.
5. Should someone not receive their package in a timely manner the hostess will be responsible for getting in touch with the swapper that sent that package to find out the status of said package.
6. The site owner (Jessica J.E. Smith) must be notified about all new swaps before they officially begin. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-571-0603.
1. Please provide your name, email address, and mailing address to the hostess who will then share that info with the co-host. Please also make sure that the site administrators have your phone number (you can e-mail your phone number to email@example.com). If a problem arises and contact must be made by phone, the swap hostess should contact the site administrators and they will take it from there.
2. Please post regularly between the time you sign up and mail out your package to assure everyone that you are still part of the forum.
3. If life gets in the way of your participation, and you cannot fulfill your requirements for a swap, you should inform the hostess as soon as possible.
4. Please post a picture of your received package contents as soon as possible after it arrives. If you are unable to post photos for any reason, please notify your hostesses and fellow participants when you sign up so the person sending you a package can take a picture of the items before they are sent.
5. Please try to take into consideration the time needed for the package to arrive at its destination. If you draw a name of someone who resides outside of your country, you should mail your package at least 2 weeks prior to the given mail out date. (The only exception to this rule is when a quilt is being passed around to one person at a time.)
6. If you are late in fulfilling your obligation to a swap, please do not join any additional swaps until your previous swaps are completed. Also, stay in touch with both your hostess and your partner so that they know where you are in the project.
**Failure to follow the above guidelines will make it less likely for people to accept you in their swaps or join swaps that you propose. Please be considerate of your fellow patrons.**If you are joining a Challenge, you only need to keep in touch with us via e-mail to participate (though we encourage membership on the Quilt and Needle Forum, it is not required). We will post information and photos about your participation on our Forum and website, where applicable. As always, we respect the privacy of our participants and will only use your first name in our postings.
If you are joining a Swap, we ask that you do become a member of the Quilt and Needle Forum and post regularly on the thread for that Swap. Cindy and Jess are available to assist you with learning to navigate the Forum, if you need assistance. This participation reassures the other participants of a swap that the guidelines and requirements for the swap will be met.
|Jump to page : 1 |
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
|Search this forum|
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
|(Delete all cookies set by this site)|
|Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software|
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software