Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit
- (Added by: sara)

Spider's Web ... anyone else reading it?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Quilt and Needle Projects -> Benni Harper Mystery Book ClubMessage format

scrapatches
Posted 2011-05-22 9:27 PM (#60157)
Subject: Spider's Web ... anyone else reading it?

Expert

Howdy, Benni Harper Book Lovers ...

Anyone else reading or making plans to read the new book, Spider's Web?

If so, anyone want to have a chat anytime soon?

I saved a B&N gift card that my DS2 gave me for Christmas for this purpose and just got the book today and I am turning pages ... not getting much quilting done, though ...

Pat

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gerda
Posted 2011-05-22 10:00 PM (#60158 - in reply to #60157)
Subject: Re: Spider's Web ... anyone else reading it?

Expert

Hey, Pat! I just got it from the library on Friday!! I was going to start reading it tonight, but there's a new Jesse Stone movie on (Tom Selleck), so we're watching that. Maybe later on, definitely this week. I'll see about a chat.

Gotta run - movie's back on LOL
Gerda
debbieann
Posted 2011-05-23 3:55 AM (#60161 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

I hope to pick up in the next week....my yearly birthday treat. It seems she likes to release books near or in May.....I think of them as birthday presents..............lol. Last year was State Fair, this year Spiders Web.

Are you enjoying it Pat? I still haven't eread State Fair....I am 2 chapters in and ..................................... I' just can't get it to grab me. I think it is the whole ordeal...actually haven't picked it back up since Oct of last year. Concentrating on some things is very difficult. Might try again after the med switch this week.

Love to chat about Spider's Web when I get it...............hope there are a few others as well Pat. Great idea.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
scrapatches
Posted 2011-05-23 1:02 PM (#60167 - in reply to #60157)
Subject: RE: Spider's Web ... anyone else reading it?

Expert

Good Afternoon ... stayed up way to late reading last night...

I am on Chapter 10 of the new book, Spider's Web.  I am finding the mystery this time is intriguing.  Have not figured out who the bad guy is, yet ... 

Dorian, sweetie, you are probably not going to want to read this one ...  ... too bad ... I like to chat about books with you ... not that I am trying to talk you into it or anything ...  ... maybe ?

Jess ... are you finding any time to catch up on this series?

Cindy ... ?? You still reading?

Gerda ... when you can take your eyes of Tom Selleck, I think you will enjoy this one ...

Debbieann ... there is a side story in this one you are going to like ...

State Fair was not one of my favorite books in the series.  I just did not care for the mystery and its particular cast of characters.  I enjoyed reading the lives about the regular characters, though. The plot line about Aunt Garnet's visit kept me guessing until the end.  So it is worth reading .... before the new one ... if you do not want that to be revealed.

Last year I loaned all of these books, one at a time, to my oldest son's gal, Nicole, and as soon as I finish this one, I will pass it along to her.  I am enjoying occasional book discussions with her. 

For Earlene Fowler fans, I read her e newsletter and I can tell you she is working on a sequel to The Saddlemaker's Wife.    According to the author, it is her biggest selling book ever and that is why her publisher is funding a sequel. Earlene intended it to be a stand alone book and had not planned another series.   I did not like the original book.  I found it depressing.  Nicole liked it, though.  I like the author enough to read the next book.

I did like Love Mercy, in part because it revealed what happens in Benni's family when they are older.  I also liked the new characters in that book.  Earlene had intended this to be a trilogy, but it was dropped by the publisher.  This makes me sad.  Oh, well ...

So my particular taste in books by this author does not necessarily follow the mainstream.  Ah, well ...   .just me ...   Pat

Edited by scrapatches 2011-05-23 1:12 PM
Gerda
Posted 2011-05-23 1:14 PM (#60168 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

Seriously?? There won't be any more Love Mercy books??!? that's too bad, I did like it. Oh, well.

I'd better get back to sewing - later, gators!! :)

Gerda
scrapatches
Posted 2011-05-23 1:26 PM (#60169 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

Gerda ... unfortunately not ...  Love Mercy did not sell well.    The publisher even changed the book cover design for the paperback in hopes to boost sales.  Maybe it was the title?     I am not sure I would have even picked up the book had I not known and liked the author.  The title sounded too "romance novel" too me.   Of course, it is hard cover sales that determines the fate of an author or book series.  Earlene is even hinting that the Benni Harper series may come to an end ...   Pat

Edited by scrapatches 2011-05-23 1:30 PM
scrapatches
Posted 2011-05-23 1:26 PM (#60170 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

sorry for another double post ...

Edited by scrapatches 2011-05-23 1:27 PM
scrapatches
Posted 2011-05-29 9:10 PM (#60372 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

Finished the book a few days ago ...   I had the "who-dun-it" figured out by the middle of Chapter 10, but it was a fun read. Anyone else reading it yet? ...   Pat
debbieann
Posted 2011-05-29 11:02 PM (#60375 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

So did you enjoy the book Pat? Was it better than State Fair? Just curious..........lol

hus and stitches

Debbieann
scrapatches
Posted 2011-06-01 4:08 PM (#60481 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

Debbieann ... yes, I did like this one much better than State Fair.   I thought the ending (particularly the who-dun-it) was tied up a little to quickly but overall, I enjoyed catching up with what is happening with Benni and her family and friends ...   Pat
Gerda
Posted 2011-06-01 4:57 PM (#60483 - in reply to #60157)

Expert

It was a GREAT book!! I have State Fair to reread. It only took me a couple of evenings to read.

Gerda
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software