Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- (Added by: misisipimenace)

Sign-Up! The 2011 Online Tomball Fat Quarter Game Is Here!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Quilt and Needle Projects -> Quilting Games in the Chat RoomMessage format

scrapatches
Posted 2011-03-09 10:13 AM (#57478)
Subject: Sign-Up! The 2011 Online Tomball Fat Quarter Game Is Here!

Expert

Date: Friday, March 25th

Time: 6:00PM Central Time

Place: The Snug Chat Room

Game Hostesses: Pat and Dorian ... (another helper would be very helpful ...  ... see below for details )

Since we live in may different quilty corners of the world, it is "virtually" impossible to choose a time when we can all gather in the chat room, you need not be present in the chat room to play.  You need to only SIGN-UP here in this thread and promise to mail two fat quarter for each game played by March 30th to our lucky winner. 

This is a "winner take all" game.

We will try to play TWO games if time permits.

So please have 4 Fat Quarters ready to go.

In keeping with the color fabric choices voted on for this year's Retreat, online players will also be playing with

Colors - 
       Blacks & Whites and/or Blenders, Solids, Tone-on-Tones,
any color 
(sample photo below)

Fat Quarter Game Rules

For EACH Game

Everyone comes to the table with TWO fat quarters and lays them in front of them.

Each person gets a turn to roll the dice, going around the table clockwise. (For the online game we will have one person at as SHOOTER (Pat) rolling the dice for each player.  (Note:  if anyone has their own dice, numbered 1-6, and she would like to roll for herself at home, that is okay!  ;The SCOREKEEPER (Dorian) will keep track of who has how many fat quarters left.  It is also helpful to have a CALLER (last year this was "Sunshine" Midge ) to say which way the Fat Quarter lands on each roll (Left, Right, Center, or Keep) ...  do we have a volunteer who think she may be able to be in the chat room for the whole game?   ... pretty please ?

We take turns rolling in a CLOCKWISE direction.

If a 1 (one) or 2 (two) is rolled only that person who has the roll passes one fat quarter to the person on their RIGHT.

If a 3 (three) or 4 (four) is rolled that person passes one fat quarter to the person on their LEFT.

If a 5 (five) is rolled that person passes one fat quarter tosses one fat quarter into the CENTER of the table.

If a 6 (six) is rolled that person KEEPS the fat quarters in front of them.
The dice is then passed to the person on their left (clockwise).

Fat quarters in the center are out of play and in the pot for the winner.

If a person has no more fat quarters in front of them, they do not roll the dice but they are not out of the game as someone on either side of them may roll a number that would gain them a fat quarter.

Eventually, most of the fat quarters will be in the center of the table and just two people will still have one or more fat quarters in front of them.

Someone will eventually roll the final FIVE and have to toss their last fat quarter into the center.

The person left with one or more fat quarters in front of them WINS ALL!

Anyone who is in the chat room at 6PM Central Time for the start of the Game may join in at that time, But once the game has started, anyone who comes into the chat room who is not previously signed up will have to wait for the next game to join in the play.

We will try to play two games if time permits.

Sign-Ups:

Pat (Shooter)

Dorian (Scorekeeer)

Debbieann

Jacqui

Annette

Midge W.

Milica

Edited by scrapatches 2011-03-16 3:32 PM

(Fat Quarter Game 2011.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Fat Quarter Game 2011.jpg (78KB - 328 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
debbieann
Posted 2011-03-09 11:25 AM (#57484 - in reply to #57478)
Subject: Re: Sign-Up! The 2011 Online Tomball Fat Quarter Game Is Here!

Expert

Hello ladies........... Pat and Dorian thank you so much for anchoring our fun game night. It will be a blast.

SIGN ME UP - I have my fqs ready and willing to scoot around the table. Will take a pic of them later today.

Can't wait til then.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
buggalugs
Posted 2011-03-09 12:36 PM (#57488 - in reply to #57484)

Expert

I'd like to join in please :)

It was fun last time, so we are using FQ's not Strips like the ladies at Tomball :) how many will we need? I can have fun looking around lol

At least playing this makes us feel as if we are taking part in a small way with the Tomballers :)

Thank You Pat and Dorian for helping us have fun :)

Jacqui

Dorian
Posted 2011-03-09 5:56 PM (#57492 - in reply to #57478)
Subject: RE: Sign-Up! The 2011 Online Tomball Fat Quarter Game Is Here!

Expert

YAH! glad to have you two on board!! This will be fun!

Pat had to go out of town, she'll be back in a day or two, and get your added to the list....or if the forum fairy is free, she will.

misisipimenace
Posted 2011-03-09 7:23 PM (#57493 - in reply to #57492)

Expert

LOL dorian, the forum fairy (goodness, ain't she just THE sweetest thing evah?!!) has been out 'n' about today but i do believe she has taken a moment to help out ms. pat with the sign-ups . . . see???

i'm not sure what night we're playing the FQ game and what night we're playing the Strip Poker - both promise loads of FUN!!! 

Annette
Posted 2011-03-12 9:11 AM (#57621 - in reply to #57493)

Elite Veteran

Awwww, this sounds like soooo much fun!  I wish I were going to be around to play! I certainly do have enough FQ to join in....

Enjoy the chat and the game. I will be thinking of you and looking forward to congratulating the winner!

Annette

Wohoo! I just reread the rules. We leave on the 18th won't be home until the 27th, but if you need another player, count me in! It would be more fun to take part, but if you will roll for me, I have FQ's and can go to the PO.

Annette

Edited by Annette 2011-03-12 9:16 AM
sew__n__so
Posted 2011-03-12 9:17 AM (#57622 - in reply to #57478)

Elite Veteran

I would like to join in too!! I will be at my own quilters' weekend-- a lot closer to home than Tomball would be-- so if someone will "roll" the dice for me, I would appreciate it.
Dumb question, but I gotta ask-- do we need 2 FQs or 4. I know the colors, but wasn't sure of the quantity.

thanks,
Midge W
scrapatches
Posted 2011-03-12 2:45 PM (#57638 - in reply to #57478)

Expert

Hello ... sorry I have been unavailable to answer questions.  My FIL passed away Friday from injuries due to a fall in his home on Wednesday.  He was 94, a very independent man who lead a full life and his health had started to decline only in the last year; so in many ways his abrupt passing was a blessing.  Nonetheless, because of the long distances involved, it has been and, will continue to be, an ordeal for the next week.  I believe right now that there is nothing to prevent me from hosting this game on Friday, but funeral details have not been set by my hubby's family yet.  It is possible that I may be out-of-state at the end of next week.  I will know more soon and will discuss with Dorian whether or not we may have to cancel or postpone this game. Right now I am going to continue to take sign-ups and answer questions. 

Jacqui ... yes ... we are playing this game with Fat Quarters ... black/white prints or blenders of any color.  :)

Annette ... great to have you in the game ... you will be missed in the chat room ... have a safe trip and maybe you shall be surprised and win the FQs ... ;)

Midge ... so happy you can join in the fun, too! :) We are putting TWO FQs into EACH game.  So if we play one game (which is all we had time for last year) you will need only 2 FQs.  If we have time to play a second game, you would need 2 more FQs.

Hope this answers everyone's questions.

Please check back in the next few days to see if there is any change in the status of this game.

Hoping to be able to share this bit of fun next Friday with all of you ... Pat

Gerda
Posted 2011-03-12 2:55 PM (#57640 - in reply to #57478)

Expert

(((((((((((((((Pat & DH))))))))))))))) So sorry to hear of DFIL's passing. Safe travels, you two. I'll pray for comfort for you and the family.

Gerda
logcabin1961
Posted 2011-03-12 3:28 PM (#57641 - in reply to #57640)

Expert

Pat

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law ((((hugs)))) to you and your family.

Annette
Posted 2011-03-12 8:14 PM (#57657 - in reply to #57641)

Elite Veteran

Pat,

I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. Drive safe and know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Annette
debbieann
Posted 2011-03-13 12:31 AM (#57666 - in reply to #57478)

Expert

Pat so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughs and prayers are with you and your family thru these times. Take care and be safe.

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
MsMeow
Posted 2011-03-13 9:02 AM (#57672 - in reply to #57478)

Expert

Pat, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL! Travel safely.
sew__n__so
Posted 2011-03-13 9:07 PM (#57702 - in reply to #57478)

Elite Veteran

Pat--
So sorry to hear of your Father-in-law's passing.
Take care and safe travels.
If the game cannot be played, or will have to be delayed, that's fine be me. Do what you need to do to get things taken care of with the family first, by all means.

Midge W
scrapatches
Posted 2011-03-14 9:49 AM (#57715 - in reply to #57478)

Expert

Thank you, my friends, for the kind words or support.

The service for my FIL has been set for Saturday in the state where he made most of his life and where my hubby was raised, so we will be driving again ... this time to the south. 

Unfortunately. this means I cannot commit to be in the chat room to run the game this Friday night. 

After exchanging emails with Dorian we are going to see what those of you who are signed up would like to try to do ...

Plan A ... we would need a volunteer to take on my job of rolling the dice (Dorian would still be the scorekeeper) and running the game ... any takers?

or

Plan B ... we postpone the game one week until Friday, March 25th, at 6PM Central Time and I will run the game and Dorian will be the scorekeeper

Please let us know what all of you would like to do.

I am going to change the first post to show both of these possible dates.

TIA for your input ... :) Pat

Edited by scrapatches 2011-03-14 9:52 AM
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software