Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Quilters affect eternity; they can never tell where their influence stops” (author unknown)
- (Added by: SallyC)

Can EPP quilts be washed?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Quilters with Questions or Tips -> PiecingMessage format

LisaE35
Posted 2011-03-08 3:13 PM (#57454)
Subject: Can EPP quilts be washed?

I wanted to make some projects with 1inch hexagons. I understand how you remove the paper, stitches, and iron them and sew the sides together.
I am wondering after they are quilted, can it be washed like to remove hand oils or just clean them occassionaly? Since it stays together because it is ironed I am wondering if that will come apart? I hope this makes sense. :)
I thought I could make some small projects like some pot holders or bags. I saw a free pattern from etsy that was a make-up bag that looked really cute.
Thank you! :)

ETA: I have the same question about yo-yos and "puff" quilts! I dont have the puff quilt clips but I do have a couple of yo-yo makers from Clover.

I really want to do some hand sewing projects too because it seems like it's more economical since you go alot slower. I know some more advanced applique/embroidery and more complicated blocks stuff on a machine takes a long time but I'm not quite there yet! :)

Edited by LisaE35 2011-03-08 3:20 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gerda
Posted 2011-03-08 3:55 PM (#57459 - in reply to #57454)
Subject: Re: Can EPP quilts be washed?

Expert

Lisa, I have only hand pieced a few blocks in my life - I think Nola might be the lady with the answers, hopefully she'll be here soon.

In the meantime, can your local quilt shop help? I don't remember if you said anything about a guild - they might be able to help. I did find this info - yes, you can wash the finished quilt (by hand) http://laundry.about.com/od/laundrybasics/a/carenewquilts.htm

These folks have a group http://quiltingcommunity.ning.com/group/englishpaperpiecinggroup

I hope this is helpful.

Gerda

Edited by Gerda 2011-03-08 3:56 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software