Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "May your sorrows be patched and your joys be quilted." -- Anonymous
- (Added by: nawma)

Needle Turn Applique - March 20
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Quilt and Needle Projects -> Discussion SessionsMessage format

char77
Posted 2008-03-18 7:40 PM (#6697 - in reply to #4034)
Subject: Re: Disc Session - Needle Turn Applique - March 20

Elite Veteran

I will probably be late, but I will try to get here as early as possible. I totally forgot I have a hair appt!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gerda
Posted 2008-03-18 11:09 PM (#6704 - in reply to #4034)

Expert

I'll try, too, but we may be home late (after 5 my time) today we didn't get home until 7:10PM . On the bright side, DH stopped at Dairy Queen for a couple of double cheeseburgers and fries - yay, no cooking!! :) We are still putting the kitchen cabinets together, and having to modify the two corner ones to accomodate the chimney stack in the corner :( But, it was the only place in the house we could put it, so modify it is!! Means I stand around a lot while Bill fiddles and fusses and pushes and heaves and screws and so on and so on! I get to assemble them all, then we put them up. Thankfully the base units are much easier - no lifting! We do have an OLD computer lift that he got from work years ago when they no longer needed them, so it's come in handy for lifting sheets of drywall, OSB and now cabinets over the years. Saves my achy shoulder, I'll tell ya! :)

Think I'll make a note, too, to remind me!! looking forward to it!

Gerda
A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels. Keep looking up!
sara
Posted 2008-03-19 8:20 PM (#6786 - in reply to #4034)
Subject: RE: Disc Session - Needle Turn Applique - March 20

Elite Veteran

Oh goodie .... as long as I remember I'll be there :)
nawma
Posted 2008-03-20 11:19 AM (#6826 - in reply to #6786)
Subject: RE: Disc Session - Needle Turn Applique - March 20

Expert

I can't wait for this discussion. I love needle turn and Nola is as good as it gets with this technique.

Connie

Gerda
Posted 2008-03-20 10:40 PM (#6857 - in reply to #4034)

Expert

Well, I missed it again - didn't walk in the door until 7 again! It's been a lo-o-o-o-o-ng day! We left around 8:15 or so, drove to the house, hooked up the trailer and drove 45+ minutes to Edmonton, picked up the wood for balusters(spindles) for the railing along the stairs and loft edge, all the trim (casings, baseboards), then 53 boxes of laminate flooring and 4 rolls of rubber underlay, then the vanity for the bathroom. That trailer was loaded! Good thing we have a 1-ton GMC! :) Of course, then we had to drive all the way back and unload it all - thankfully the laminate was not as heavy as we had been told - I carried 26 boxes in one by one, then the vanity - 257 lbs!!! Thank the Lord for a strong hubby - I couldn't budge the box! We also offloaded the trim into one of the storage containers, then continued working on kitchen cabinets. Bill just has to bolt one to the wall, then the 4 peninsula units (I wanted shallow wall cabinets back to back - it's so hard to reach/find stuff at the back of those base cabinets) need to be screwed/bolted together. We will be ordering the countertops, either tomorrow or Saturday. Boy, I am bushed!!! on a bright note, my fabric came in!! Jess, it's so pretty! Thanks! I guess it came in Monday, but today was the first chance to go get it. Now I need to figure out if I want to make a square tablecloth, or try for a round one - not going to make it until we move, though. I'm too pooped most nights to do much more than be on the computer, or spending time with the grands!
oops, guess that all could have gone under the good day thread - sorry!!

I sure wish I could have been here for the discussion - I seem to miss every one! Maybe once we move, eh?? I can only hope! :)

Gerda
A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels. Keep looking up!
buggalugs
Posted 2008-03-27 3:11 PM (#7179 - in reply to #6857)

Expert

Oh No I missed it :(:(:( I am so very sorry. I wish I had been there because I was so looking forward to it :(

JAcqui

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software