Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Every one deserves respect. (me)
- (Added by: cabsmom)

Love this book!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Other Hobbies We Love -> NeedleworkMessage format

Gerda
Posted 2010-08-28 12:15 PM (#49622)
Subject: Love this book!

Expert

I have been really good about not buying magazines and books the last number of months, but when I saw this one at Clotilde's website, I had to order it (even though shipping etc cost more than the book itself!) http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?cat_id=173&prod_id=12922 I got it in the mail today, and LOVE IT!! I try to buy any Pearl Louise Krush snowman panel etc I come across locally, but this is almost better - it combines her cute designs with REDWORK!!! And lots of ideas for using the stitcheries.

Just had to share.

Gerda

Top of the page Bottom of the page
misisipimenace
Posted 2010-08-28 4:58 PM (#49632 - in reply to #49622)
Subject: RE: Love this book!

Expert

looks like a great book gerda!  so well worth the price huh?  did you notice there was a PDF version being sold?  there would've been NO shipping . . . are the PDF versions exactly like the hard-bound book?  hmmmmmm . . .

sew'nsew
Posted 2010-08-28 5:15 PM (#49634 - in reply to #49622)
Subject: Re: Love this book!

Elite Veteran

OH Gerda, lovely book. I would want it just to look at the pictures. I love books, have way to many, but there is just something about holding a book in your hands that you can't get from a computer. OH, Love my computer but it can sure be a pain, and really warm on my lap - great in the winter, bad in the summer - LOL! Yes I know I shouldn't have a laptop on my lap, just so convenient that way in my comfy chair.
Gerda
Posted 2010-08-28 5:21 PM (#49637 - in reply to #49622)

Expert

Yes, Cindy, the PDF is the exact same content of the book, but like Rhonda says, it just doesn't compete with a real book - I'd much rather hold the real thing - even though printing out a pattern would be easier than going to Staples to photocopy one. Nothing beats an actual book (though I am still pondering getting "American Doll quilts" by Kathleen Tracy from Martingale - PDF) - maybe....

Rhonda, that's what I do with all the quilt books I borrow from the library - just sit and leaf through them now and then - most books I can keep here for up to 9 weeks. It's fun and the closest I get physically to quilting on Sundays - yes, I sit in my sewing room full of fabric, but I try not to touch it.

Gerda
Quilt Mama
Posted 2010-08-28 9:52 PM (#49651 - in reply to #49622)

Elite Veteran

I own next to no books any longer but I use the library. As long as there are no further requests I can hog the book for up to 27 weeks, if I wait to renew on the day due. Usually a couple of days and it's back to the library. I have the scanner at home and will scan and store and then print unless it is something that really grabs me then I print immediately. Lately it's the cross stitch freebies online that are getting me. My computer files are growing weekly, the time just isn't stretching.

That Redwork is lovely. I copied and saved the quilt as a possibility for future work, perhaps with cross stitch. I have never done Redwork in cross stitch but have seen some lovely works. Maybe, someday.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software