Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it -- Mark Twain
- (Added by: nawma)

SPAMMERS ARE AT IT AGAIN
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Forum Help and GuidelinesMessage format

misisipimenace
Posted 2010-08-09 7:04 AM (#48454)
Subject: SPAMMERS ARE AT IT AGAIN

Expert

just wanted to let y'all know that there have been a few spammer posts spotted on the forum     i have deleted and banned IP addresses for 3 so far - you have to do each action on an individual basis, extremely time consuming - especially since these spammers know how to change IP addresses at the blink of an eye, and like i said you have to ban each IP on an individual basis.  and since i will be at work today, i may not get to them as quickly as possible, but i will do the best i can to keep an eye on the forum today and take care of the spam posts as i see them and am able to.

i have sent an email to jess and to becki, our tech support.  i do not know what has happened with our forum security settings but hopefully it won't take long to get things back in order.  the spammer posts so far have appeared only on the Quilting Tips and Tricks thread, which is a fairly new section and i suspect has just fallen thru the cracks of our security settings and just needs a little tweaking - but i am afraid that i do not know what tweaking to do   anyways, i just wanted to let everyone know that jess & i are aware of it, so just hang tight with us, y'all - we're working on it!!

in the meantime, y'all just try to ignore the spammers and certainly don't click on any of their links!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jess
Posted 2010-08-09 11:20 AM (#48471 - in reply to #48454)
Subject: RE: SPAMMERS ARE AT IT AGAIN

Expert

I fixed it. I didn't manually change the permissions for the guests when I set up that area, and they didn't default to the correct settings (like I thought they would). Sorry ladies! We should be safe again from the evil spammers!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software