Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness" - William Wordsworth (especially for my DH!)
- (Added by: logcabin1961)

Black and White Layer Cake Swap
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Member led Projects -> Member led "No-Sew" SwapsMessage format

Annette
Posted 2010-08-05 2:12 PM (#48287)
Subject: Black and White Layer Cake Swap

Elite Veteran

What is Black and White all over and ready for a cake? It's the new Black and White Layer Cake Swap!

Please join us for a 10" Square Layer Cake Swap!

Sets of TEN 10" squares will be swapped.

Jess has given me permission to post this swap and Cherie has agreed to be my co-hostess.

Here are the dates:

Sign-ups until: SWAP IS CLOSED

Please mail your swap packages no later than: September 24th

I will swap and return: Two weeks after the last swap packet is received by me.

We will be swapping 10" squares in sets of TEN.

You may swap as many sets as you like. Scrappy sets are okay. However, PLEASE DO NOT SEND MORE THAN 10 squares or ONE SET of each fabric. Different colorways of the same print are okay. For example, if you find a white background with a black daisy, you can swap the opposite one as well, the black background with a white daisy.

I will post an album so we may enjoy seeing all the fabric and try not to duplicate each others fabrics. I would ask you to please post pictures of your fabric in the thread or email them to me and I will post them in the album. If you do not have a camera, you may still participate, but please check the album carefully for duplicates. I will take a picture of your fabrics and post them when I received them.

Important note...please send only 100% cotton quilting quality fabrics and please be sure you wash and press all fabrics first.

Please cut carefully and be sure that all selvages are removed from all squares. Squares that have any SELVAGE showing WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU UNSWAPPED.

Also ... your sets may be scrappy, but please be sure all fabrics MEET THE FABRIC REQUIREMENTS OF THIS SWAP...

All fabrics should be black or white with a black or white print. NO COLORS other than black or white.

Please mail your swap packages no later than: I will swap and return: You may swap as many sets as you like. Scrappy sets are okay. However, PLEASE DO NOT SEND MORE THAN 10 squares or ONE SET of each fabric. Different colorways of the same print are okay. For example, if you find a white background with a black daisy, you can swap the opposite one as well, the black background with a white daisy.I will post an album so we may enjoy seeing all the fabric and try not to duplicate each others fabrics. I would ask you to please post pictures of your fabric in the thread or email them to me and I will post them in the album. If you do not have a camera, you may still participate, but please check the album carefully for duplicates. I will take a picture of your fabrics and post them when I received them.Important note...please send only 100% cotton quilting quality fabrics and please be sure you wash and press all fabrics first.Please cut carefully and be sure that all selvages are removed from all squares. Squares that have any SELVAGE showing WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU UNSWAPPED.Also ... your sets may be scrappy, but please be sure all fabrics MEET THE FABRIC REQUIREMENTS OF THIS SWAP...

Please mail your swap packages no later than: I will swap and return: You may swap as many sets as you like. Scrappy sets are okay. However, PLEASE DO NOT SEND MORE THAN 10 squares or ONE SET of each fabric. Different colorways of the same print are okay. For example, if you find a white background with a black daisy, you can swap the opposite one as well, the black background with a white daisy.I will post an album so we may enjoy seeing all the fabric and try not to duplicate each others fabrics. I would ask you to please post pictures of your fabric in the thread or email them to me and I will post them in the album. If you do not have a camera, you may still participate, but please check the album carefully for duplicates. I will take a picture of your fabrics and post them when I received them.Important note...please send only 100% cotton quilting quality fabrics and please be sure you wash and press all fabrics first.Please cut carefully and be sure that all selvages are removed from all squares. Squares that have any SELVAGE showing WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU UNSWAPPED.Also ... your sets may be scrappy, but please be sure all fabrics MEET THE FABRIC REQUIREMENTS OF THIS SWAP...

Please pack each set separately in a plastic baggie with your name and address and Set # on the outside.

Please be sure to send a return envelope with your address and enough stamps attached to cover your postage. Please use only STAMPS ... no pre-dated postage labels will be accepted by my post office.

Please use Priority Mail or First Class padded envelopes, if possible. You may send Parcel Post, but please be sure to allow at least an extra week mailing time. If you would like a Delivery Confirmation Number for the return package, please enclose the extra cost in your envelope.

International swappers are always welcome! Swappers from outside the USA may make private arrangements to send additional fabric for the return postage. Please send a self-addressed envelope. Fabric may be sent in exchange for your return postage. PM me and we can find something that works well for both of us.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DUPICATES: Although there is a vast variety of black and white prints available, many of them are very similar in design and scale. I will ask swappers to submit photos of their fabrics again for us to enjoy ... and to try to avoid sending the same fabric as another swapper ... it may be too difficult to tell from a photo if the fabrics are actually the same. So, although I will try to avoid duplicates in return packages, I am not going to worry too much about this. Okay, swappers?

To Sign-Up, all participants should please post in this thread and send me a Private Message with your ...

Name:

Mailing Address:

Email Address:

Telephone Number:

Okay ... let's start swapping fabrics and sharing patterns!

Enjoy!

Annette

SIGN-UPS

Annette ... 8 sets ... have information

Cherie ... 2 sets ... have information ... arrived 9/27

Denise ... 5 sets ... have information ... arrived 9/22

Debbieann ... 5 sets ... have information ... arrived 10/4

Laura ... 7 sets ... have information ... arrived 9/18

Midge W. ... 6 sets ... have information ... arrived 9/13

AJ ... 2 sets ... have information ... mailed 8/16 ... arrived 8/18

Jeri ... 2 sets ... have information ... arrived 9/23

Sherry ... 8 sets ... have information ... arrived 10/4

Nikki ... 4 sets ... have information ... arrived 10/4

Jess ... 4 sets .... have information ... arrived 9/23

Cindy ... 4 sets  ... have information ... arrived 9/11

Rebecca ... 4 sets ...have information ... arrived 9/10

Pat ... 11 sets ... have information ... arrived 10/4

Sally ... 4 sets ... have information ... arrived 8/25

Jean ...  4 sets ... have information ... arrived 9/13

BettyMaxine ... 4 sets ... have information ... arrived 9/13

Milica ... 6 sets ...  have information ... arrived 9/15

Dana ... 2 set ... have information ... arrived 9/13

Edited by Annette 2010-10-09 10:02 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kittyquilter
Posted 2010-08-05 4:30 PM (#48288 - in reply to #48287)
Subject: RE: August Swap Ideas

Elite Veteran

Hi Annette, I would love to be co-hostess. And I think a black and white swap would be great!

Cherie
debbieann
Posted 2010-08-05 6:09 PM (#48294 - in reply to #48287)
Subject: Re: August Swap Ideas

Expert

Okay this sounds like a blast. With you at the helm and Cherie as co. It will be fun. Thanks ladies.

Black and white.

Sign me up, not sure how many sets yet.lol

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
laura
Posted 2010-08-05 11:48 PM (#48307 - in reply to #48287)

Veteran

This sounds like fun! Please sign me up. I'll check back for instructions and to let you know how many sets I can swap.

Laura
Nola
Posted 2010-08-07 6:36 AM (#48379 - in reply to #48307)

Elite Veteran

Count me in - will let you know how many sets after I inventory the stash.  Am working at my LQS later this month and will check to see what B & W fabric she has too - can always take my pay in fabric!  LOL!

Nola

Annette
Posted 2010-08-07 10:47 AM (#48392 - in reply to #48379)

Elite Veteran

Hi,

Sounds like this is a go! We are out of town until Monday night, so I will post the rules then. I am going to draw on Pat's wonderful experiences and use her rules, so there won't be any new "wrinkles" to get used to this time.

Get ready....

Annette
debbieann
Posted 2010-08-07 4:43 PM (#48400 - in reply to #48392)

Expert

I found some pretty black & whites on my travels to the LQS today. Had to get them because I want to play and so did they.lol

Hugs and stitches

Debbieann
sew__n__so
Posted 2010-08-07 6:50 PM (#48401 - in reply to #48287)

Elite Veteran

I would like to play too, please!! Let me know how many squares and when I need them!

Midge W
scraphappydenise
Posted 2010-08-08 1:42 AM (#48410 - in reply to #48287)

Expert

Put me down! Not sure how many sets yet.... ARe these black and white prints, I take it?
Annette
Posted 2010-08-08 10:48 AM (#48415 - in reply to #48410)

Elite Veteran

Hi all,

We are in the Seattle area and fly home tomorrow (monday). I will get the rules posted then and the list started.

Cherie, I will send you a pm when I get organized and start getting names and addresses together. Glad to have the help!

I'm sorry Denise, yes, black and white prints.

Annette
misisipimenace
Posted 2010-08-09 10:15 PM (#48491 - in reply to #48415)
Subject: RE: Black and White Layer Cake Swap

Expert

think think think

misisipimenace
Posted 2010-08-09 10:20 PM (#48494 - in reply to #48491)
Subject: RE: Black and White Layer Cake Swap

Expert

not a peep about purple
Gerda
Posted 2010-08-09 10:47 PM (#48499 - in reply to #48287)
Subject: Re: Black and White Layer Cake Swap

Expert

But Cindy, think how smashing black and white and PURPLE together would look!!!
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_ful...

Too mod for me, but http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3...

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.filminthefridge.com/w...

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://image02.webshots.com/2/6/...

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://k41.pbase.com/g3/60/25260...

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://image38.webshots.com/38/9...

Gerda
Annette
Posted 2010-08-10 8:33 AM (#48501 - in reply to #48499)

Elite Veteran

Gerda,

Those are wonderful photo's of black and white quilts! How did you find so many so quickly?

I have one I want to make, but need to scan or take a picture before I post it. Will do it tonight after work.

I love sharp contrasts and this one, in any pattern, should be stunning! Sounds to me like Miss Cindy is, well you know, just confused lol. That's why I put purple in the instructions, to catch her attention!

How many shall I sign you up for Gerda?

Annette
Gerda
Posted 2010-08-10 9:34 AM (#48503 - in reply to #48287)

Expert

Annette, sorry,I'm not in this one - not a black and white fan, at all - too modern, though there are some really pretty fabrics out there! And I need to keep costs down. I was just trying to entice Cindy for you LOL I"m bad, eh?

As for the pictures I find, some I come across in blogs or websites, but these I found by typing in the words black and white and purple quilts, then when the Google page comes up with listings, I click on IMAGES in the upper left corner. Lots comes up. That's where these came from.

Have a great day! I'm off to help hubby lift some ductwork into an attic this morning, then home to sew - I got nothing done yesterday.

Gerda
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software