Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You have to have bad days to really appreciate the good days. Ladybug3149
- (Added by: ladybug3149)

applique ?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Quilters with Questions or Tips -> AppliqueMessage format

scraphappydenise
Posted 2010-07-26 11:54 AM (#47686 - in reply to #47576)
Subject: RE: applique ?

Expert

I have done the celtic bar method using the metal bars.... they do get HOT! remember to let them cool before trying to slide out, or use a pair of long tweezers to grab with! In my opinion, these lay very flat when done. stitch on both sides of the stem.

I have also made my bias strips, folded wrong sides together, then machine stitch like a few mentioned earlier, folded over and then only handstitch one side.... (this method works great if you will be carrying the project around, as it is securely in place and you don't need pins! ) I also feel it looks a little more dimensional when complete.

I would use both methods again. using the thin steam a seam works for the first method to help keep those pesky pins out of the way of tangling your thread up.

Rhonda.... can't wait to see your project.

There also isn't anything wrong with machine stitching the stems down on the top if you can stitch carefully. The look is a little more
"folksy". With your hand surgery, you might find machine stitching this time to be more practical.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software