Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The past can not be changed, but the future can be what ever you want it to be- Author unknown
- (Added by: Potter 2)

PRAYER REQUEST
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Well Wishes and Sympathy -> Sympathy and Prayer RequestsMessage format

nawma
Posted 2008-07-11 11:54 AM (#11713 - in reply to #11709)
Subject: RE: PRAYER REQUEST

Expert

Nola I am so glad to hear your news!!!! I know that you and your DH must be relieved and that you two will be ok. God is watching over you for sure.

Connie

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jess
Posted 2008-07-11 6:12 PM (#11727 - in reply to #11713)

Expert

Good to hear Nola. I have been wondering how things were going for you and your DH, thanks for letting us know. It sounds like a great job for him. Congrats!
sara
Posted 2008-07-11 8:12 PM (#11729 - in reply to #3231)

Elite Veteran

I know this is a tremenous relief for y'all. When a door closes, a window opens!
Nola
Posted 2008-07-11 9:22 PM (#11730 - in reply to #11729)

Elite Veteran

You know, I never really was too worried about hubby's job situation.  I just "gave it to God" early on, and felt right from the start that God had something good planned for Rod.  So when he came home from talking to the dairy farmer earlier this week, I could just almost see God up there smiling and saying, "See, I told you not to worry!  I had this all planned out for you!" 

Money will be a tad tight for us due to the pay cut, but if we watch our spending, there should be a little bit left over each month.  It will be nice that he will have more "normal" work hours, except during planting and harvest time.  With his previous job, when he did the evening milking, we never knew when he'd be home.  Made it hard to plan a meal so we often resorted to quickie things - or ordered a pizza.  In fact we had pizza so often that it wasn't even a treat anymore.  So now I'll be able to plan a weekly menu and eat at normal times, and that alone will save us some money. 

We've got a few little piddly bills I'm going to pay off as soon as his severance package comes from A.D.M.  And we're going to get the wood stove up and running again before winter.  We've got access to as much wood as we want to cut and that will save on the high gas heating bills.  I'm really looking forward to getting back to a more normal life again, and pinching pennies is nothing new for me - did it for years when I quit my job and stayed home to raise the kids - and I don't regret it a bit.  Just having a stress-free job will help Rod's health a lot. 

Nola

nawma
Posted 2008-07-13 10:13 AM (#11767 - in reply to #11730)

Expert

Nola I feel sure that this is not the first time your wonderful attitude has helped put things in perspective for your family. A regular schedule and family meals together will go a long way toward enhancing your quality of life. WTG!!! Darlin.

Connie

char77
Posted 2008-07-13 4:28 PM (#11774 - in reply to #3231)
Subject: Re: PRAYER REQUEST

Elite Veteran

Nola~ I'm so happy to hear this! I'm sure the difference in the stress levels alone will be worth its weight in the pay differential! And the fact that you can plan meals instead of ordering pizza (altho I really LOVE pizza ) will save a bundle in itself.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software