|The Quilt and Needle Forums|
|Random quote: There is a purpose for every fabric and a fabric for every purpose. -- Cindy Prince|
- (Added by: Jess)
| Friend of the Month-September 2009 **PARTNERS ANNOUNCED**|
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
|View previous thread :: View next thread|
|Member led Projects -> Member led "No-Sew" Swaps||Message format|
Can you believe September is almost here!?!
The point of this swap was to help us get to know each other a little more personally, perhaps better than just by reading on a message board. Some things are better shared in emails and messages than on a public website, if you know what I mean. :) Growing friendships only helps to foster our spirit of friendship and closeness, something I know several of us have come to really appreciate since the beginning of Jess' comfy little corner of the internet. She has given us the opportunity to bridge oceans and thousands of miles in a common spirit of sharing a passion we all love. This is just an extention of that, and an easy way to help us grow closer as a community.
Basically here is what we do:
1. Please PM or email both myself and my co-host with your name, address, email address. Complete the questionnaire attached to this post and send me your answers. If you participated previously I still have your questionnaire, but please review them and make sure it doesn't need to be updated, or send me a new one.
2. I'll draw names to pair everyone up with a partner. I'll send each person their partner's information, which will include name, mailing address, email address, and a short questionnaire with their answers.
3. Once you have your partner, send them a message either via e-mail or PM here and introduce yourself a little bit, to get the ball rolling. Continue trading messages throughout the month, getting to know each other
4. at the end of the month, please send your new friend a small gift of some sort. Doesn't have to be quilty related, but I'll leave that up to you. Previously we had set a $ amount of between 10-15.00 USD. Just a little "something". For example, I sent Mary some Texas bluebonnet seeds, a couple of FQ of Texas wildflowers, and a quilting magazine. She sent me some fabric cuts from a nearby village in South Africa, and a quilting magazine from Africa that was PHENOMENAL!!! Please post pics of what you receive so we can all ooh and ahh appropriately!!
5. Next month we'll sign up again and get new friends, but feel free to keep up your email correspondences with your friends.
I'll announce your new partners on September 1.
3. Betty Jo--Sally
4. Milica--Northern Deb
I will get your information sent out to you today, but feel free to start chatting away:)
**on a side note, I haven't double checked to make sure nobody was re-paired with the same people so I'm doing that right now. I don't think there are any repeats though**
Edited by JennB 2009-09-01 10:48 AM
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
|Sign me up again, please, Jenn!! |
|Hey I am in again this is a blast!!!!!!|
Location: Golden Shores, Arizona
|please add me for Sept. It has been a real joy getting to know Gerda better (although limited computer access and phones on fritz because of thunderstorms has put me behind!!!)|
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
|Jenn... Im in again also. It's been fun chatting and getting to know Nola.|
Location: Winter Garden, FL
|Sign me up, Jenn! Thanks!|
|Short Not Sassy|
|I'm in too! This is a great way to get to know you all! Hope Cherie has had as much fun as I have! I was out of pocket alot last week with Uncle Tom being here, but he is on his way home today. So I'm BACK!!!|
Location: San Diego, CA
|Please sign me up again! Milica & I finally got a chance to chat this afternoon/night. She was such a doll to stay up so late to call me!!|
|Got you all added :) |
Sara, I'm sending a message to Karen to see if everything is ok. If I don't hear back from her I'll give her a call and check on her. I think you smell just fine!
|Please sign me up again! |
|Sign me up again. |
The gremlins must be at work I posted this twice!
Edited by smt42 2009-08-25 10:07 AM
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Please go ahead and sign me up for September.
Location: Warren, MI
I'd like to join in. Sign me up!
|i had a good time chatting with Genia, so please sign me up also |
|I've added the last few of you that signed up. If you sent me your information last month, no need to resend it unless you have anything needing to be updated!|
|Jump to page : 1 2 3 |
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
|Search this forum|
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
|(Delete all cookies set by this site)|
|Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software|
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software