Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
The Quilt and Needle Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self. " - Charles Dickens
- (Added by: logcabin1961)

Prayer Request for my Son's Surgery Tomorrow
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Well Wishes and Sympathy -> Sympathy and Prayer RequestsMessage format

MsMeow
Posted 2009-05-07 10:58 AM (#26475 - in reply to #26291)
Subject: Re: Prayer Request for my Son's Surgery Tomorrow

Expert

Pat, I hope Jon feels better soon!

Jenn, I wonder that, too...must be like the appendix. Something we needed way back when but have evolved to not need it any more. They do seem to be more trouble than good nowadays!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
scrapatches
Posted 2009-05-07 8:53 PM (#26522 - in reply to #26291)
Subject: RE: Prayer Request for my Son's Surgery Tomorrow

Expert

Thank you, my friends, for praying with me ...

Jon is much improved today.  The surgery itself when very well ... he became very ill afterwards and could not keep anything down so it was some extra time before he was released and they almost wheeled him back in ... at this point he decided he was going home to complete his recovery ... he was still ill during the night ... he is MUCH better today ... we determined most of this was likely due to the pain meds they gave him ... by late this afternoon he enjoyed a bowl of Mama's low-fat chicken soup and was looking and feeling good ...

It is my understanding that the gall bladder stores bile from the liver and sends this into the intestine to digest fats.  Without the gall bladder your body has much less bile as the liver produces bile but does not store it ... a low fat diet (which is also the best way to reduce gall stone symptoms) ... is recommended for those who have had their gall bladder removed.

Jon, as a health concious person, actually has tried to reduce fats in his diet for years.  Gall stones are caused by the crystilization of calcium and cholesterol in the gall bladder.  Problems with these are often herediatry and my DH's family has a history of gall stone problems and surgery. You can still get gallstones after this surgery ... they form in the ducts between the liver and the intestine ... hopefully this will not be happening with my son. My DH has done quite well for many years without his gall bladder.

However, my DD shows symptoms similar to Jon's and is now going to have her gall bladder examined.  

Gall stones problems are more common in young women than young men, although it equals out about the time we all reach 50.

That, in a nutshell, is what I know about gall bladders and gall stones.

I may be going back to his apartment to keep him company tomorrow or he may be coming here ...

Good night, my friends ...

MsMeow
Posted 2009-05-08 9:47 AM (#26536 - in reply to #26291)

Expert

Pat, I'm glad to hear he is feeling better. You're probably right that it was the meds or the anesthesia that made him sick.

So, it sounds like you're an expert on all things gall bladder now! LOL
Jess
Posted 2009-05-08 3:12 PM (#26546 - in reply to #26536)

Expert

Yep, pain meds can do that. It is terrible when you are trying to recover and your body reacts that way to the meds!

I am glad to hear he is doing better. I know that you will be sleeping better now that it is over and he is on the mend!

scraphappydenise
Posted 2009-05-09 10:45 AM (#26580 - in reply to #26291)
Subject: RE: Prayer Request for my Son's Surgery Tomorrow

Expert

Pat - prayers still abound for Jon's recovery and speedy healing. glad the surgery went well and he's over his naseua. Nothing worse than being sick to your stomach when you have stitches and sore spots.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software